Author Topic: Re: Patch Notes  (Read 3384 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: Patch Notes
« on: August 31, 2014, 05:00:25 am »
Cool stuff :).

A couple of notes:

I kind of imagined the random exo conduct to not exclude duplicates. Not that much variation here otherwise in my book. In case you want to keep things as they currently are, would you consider adding a second variant that allows for duplicates?

Is there a specific reason that you omitted the dredmor reference (no time to grind)? I was kinda fond of it ;)...

Your call on both issues of course!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 12:03:17 pm »
Sure, I can have it allow duplicates, I didn't realize it would be desired.

On the other one's name I try to avoid overly blatant parallels with other games.  There are various references to dredmor in the achievements of this and other of our games (iirc) but having the same text in the same parallel location (during start-up) for a mechanic that serves the same general purpose seemed a bit much to do without having asked them first :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 12:31:04 pm »
Fair enough :).
How about something else that's not a plain Description then? Would be more in tune with the rest...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 12:45:01 pm »
Sure, as long as they aren't too wordy.  "Impatient Overlords" and "RNG Is Your Friend" ? :)

I'd also like to add a random-commander one.  "Mystery Pilot", perhaps?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 01:26:21 pm »
All good ones. Go for it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk