Author Topic: Bionic Dues Now Available on Steam, Arcen Store  (Read 24864 times)

Offline Vyndicu

Re: Bionic Dues Now Available on Steam, Arcen Store
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 03:01:25 pm »
No demo?

Just wait for Let's play videos.   ;D

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 03:08:19 pm »
There are a ton of LPs, yes. We may well do a demo, but goodness there are dozens of LPs so I'm not sure it is needed.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline brianc

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 03:30:48 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks for another awesome game!  I wasn't sure how I'd feel about this one after seeing the screens and reading up on it but as a big Arcen fan I bought it today right after work and the game-play is smart and a ton of fun.  Thanks for all the hard work!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 03:34:08 pm »
Thank you very much!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 03:39:03 pm »
For the record, some players such as myself dont enjoy LPs. Without a demo i have nlthing aisde actual reviews. and even then, i may still pass if it is a genre i dont like since i cant tell if this is really different / more enjoyable then games of a similar genre.

Would it be difficult to make a demo where you cant advance past day 5?
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 03:46:35 pm »
Not too bad, no. Although a real pain for non-windows machines in particular, because of the need to set execute bits.

Offline Huw

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 03:48:16 pm »
Hi Chris, it's been far too long as usual.  Congratulations on the release, the game looks splendid!  Just bought my copy from your store in the hope you get a better cut that way.  Can't wait to play! \o/
I play evenings UK timezone

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 05:05:04 pm »
Congratulations on the release! :)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 05:16:15 pm »
Thanks everyone :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Huw

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 05:24:17 pm »
I'm really enjoying this so far.  It absolutely stinks of Arcen Games!

(That's a good thing)

There's plenty to like and I won't go into detail for now, but one thing I hope you guys can improve is the weapon effects - they could do with being beefed up a bit.  But as with all of your games, I think I'm going to get an insane amount of replayability out of this one. :)

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 05:59:06 pm »
I'm really enjoying this so far.  It absolutely stinks of Arcen Games!

(That's a good thing)

There's plenty to like and I won't go into detail for now, but one thing I hope you guys can improve is the weapon effects - they could do with being beefed up a bit.  But as with all of your games, I think I'm going to get an insane amount of replayability out of this one. :)

Throw some AoE boosters on the plasma cannon. It'll look nice and beefed up. :D

Offline Vinraith

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 06:08:33 pm »
Yep, it's steam only.  We have no other way at present of updating a linux title, and this was simplest all around.  It remains DRM-free, however, so you can take the files steam gives you and copy them wherever you wish.  And if steam went belly-up (magically) or locked out your account or whatever, they could not take the game files nor disable them.  It's distributed by steam, and updated by steam, but does not require steam to run and does not include any DRM (not even license keys).

I suppose I can understand that, and you've obviously gone to some trouble to ensure it isn't a practical obstacle. I'm deeply uncomfortable, however, with the current trend of the entire industry being channeled through a single store front.

Offline Huw

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 06:15:02 pm »
Yeah it bothers me too; even Paradox do it, which seems bizarre for a medium-sized publisher.  I can see why it's good from a developer's point of view, but it certainly isn't good for the customer.  Not in my opinion, anyway.

As an aside, this forum is behaving rather strangely; it's recording an incorrect IP address and I'm unable to quote posts.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 06:15:57 pm »
I understand what you mean, but there's not much I can do. And as far as partners go, they are awesome ones, I do have to say.

Offline Vinraith

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 06:23:44 pm »
I understand what you mean, but there's not much I can do. And as far as partners go, they are awesome ones, I do have to say.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much anyone can do, and that's exactly what scares the hell out of me.

Thanks for the responses Chris, I hope this one's a winner for you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk