Author Topic: Bionic Dues Now Available on Steam, Arcen Store  (Read 24873 times)

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Bionic Dues Now Available on Steam, Arcen Store
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2013, 03:53:31 am »
 I'm so used to free software on linux, I immediate thought of it as a matter of wget / git checkout. :P  But then, depends on what exactly you are downloading and how much protection you need about distribution.

Who's familiar with commercial software distribution and maintenance on Linux?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2013, 03:59:26 am »
I'm so used to free software on linux, I immediate thought of it as a matter of wget / git checkout. :P  But then, depends on what exactly you are downloading and how much protection you need about distribution.
The updates themselves could probably be totally unprotected.  Indeed, that's how it is with our previous games (if you know the url, which isn't hard to find, you can just download them through wget or whatever).  Nor are we asking steam to specifically vet anyone who asks them for the update files for Bionic, but they only distribute those through the client.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2013, 08:56:01 am »
Can you at least update the EULA so it says BD instead of SC?
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Histidine

« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2013, 01:57:48 am »
Out of curiosity, have sales picked up any in the past week after the RPS coverage and appearance on Steam featured list?

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2013, 05:39:18 am »
Can you at least update the EULA so it says BD instead of SC?
...you read that?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2013, 10:51:13 am »
We had updated the EULA in our copy during development, but it was outside the RuntimeData directory and thus not included in the normal update packages so we didn't notice until post-release that the steam copy had the old one, etc.  I think it should be fixed now, but I'm never quite sure what someone else's steam copy might look like.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk