Author Topic: Texture Packs! Custom Floor Tiles! Get them here!  (Read 30831 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Texture Packs! Custom Floor Tiles! Get them here!
« on: August 03, 2014, 04:26:13 am »
Hi folks!

I created this topic as an entry point for the available texture packs and custom floor tiles for Bionic.
For now, there are only my edits of the original assets - but who knows. Maybe somebody decides to jump on the train further down the road ;).

Texture Packs

Saturation Booster by nas1m

As mentioned in the other thread this one applies a simple saturation boost to the standard floor assets.
To install, simply unzip the attached archive to "Bionic_Dues/RuntimeData/TexturePacks" and select it in the in-game settings in the Graphics tab (you will have to restart the game afterwards).

Caveats:
Due to some issue all text will disappear after changing the selected texture pack and closing the settings, making it hard to actually leave the application using the menu.
You can simply leave the application using ALT+F4 on Windows, though (not sure what the equivalent combo is on Linux/Mac, maybe somebody can help me out here). After starting the game again all is fine, though :).
Fixed in 1.013.

You will need Bionic 1.012+ to use texture packs.

Screenshots (click to enlarge):
PoisonGas FactoryRed GlassRed MutedMachinery

Custom Floor Tiles

Custom Floor Pack 1 by nas1m

This pack contains 42 new floor tiles created from the original assets mostly using simple palette swaps.
To use them simply extract the contents of the attached archive to "Bionic_Dues/RuntimeData/Images/Floors".

Caveats:
Make sure to place the files directly in "Floors" i.e. not in a subdirectory when extracting. If you don't like a specific custom floor, simply delete the respective file from "Floors".

You will need Bionic 1.012+ to use custom floors.

Screenshots (click to enlarge):
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Enjoy :)!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 03:40:18 pm by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Texture Packs! Custom Floor Tiles!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 09:00:39 am »
Stickied :)  And thanks for this.  Will look into the text-disappearance stuff, that's very odd.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 04:46:43 pm »
Stickied :)  And thanks for this.  Will look into the text-disappearance stuff, that's very odd.
I would not mind a pin here as well if you are okay with that ;).
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 04:56:51 pm »
I would not mind a pin here as well if you are okay with that ;).
*thunk

(there is a javelin in the post)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline ERISS

• Newbie Mark II
Re: Texture Packs! Custom Floor Tiles! Get them here!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 12:14:02 pm »
Firstly I think there should be a patch:
. Make the writings more readable, if fonts can't be enlarged then change their colors. Example: Writing dark or thin grey on black was not a good idea (weapon names of mechs). A saturation booster is maybe needed for the fonts.. (The one for texture should be made official, applied by default; really, this all black game is not good for selling it..)
Thanks for that. Its good to know somebody other than me is getting something out of this :).
And I didn't test your Custom Floor Tiles yet!, for I want to play the more original game (I mean as intended by the devs) but I may prefer your CustomFloorTiles over your TexturePack (as I already said, your TPack is the mendatory minimum for me for Bionic Dues over those original textures so dark and then not beautifull).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 12:20:06 pm by ERISS »

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 02:18:16 pm »
Thanks again. The custom floors are all based on  preexisting assets that came with the game but were cut for one reason or another. So these could be considered consistent ;).

Offline ERISS

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 12:53:47 am »
Files desapeared, links are lost.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 03:24:31 pm »
Files desapeared, links are lost.
Download links fixed.
Sorry about that!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk