Author Topic: Bionic Dues 1.005 "Combined Customization" Released!  (Read 7708 times)

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: Bionic Dues 1.005 "Combined Customization" Released!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 03:11:57 pm »
I appreciate the explanation. I'm sure that I speak for a very minor subset of your fans, but for me personally, being tied to some form of DRM is a pretty significant thing. I've been enjoying Bionic Dues so far, and it's good to know that I can play it wherever I would like to without being tied down.

We hate DRM too, don't worry. That's not changed. :)

Offline doctorfrog

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 04:58:24 pm »
I stand reassured.  ;D

Offline doctorfrog

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 05:12:17 pm »
Let me jump back in with this one suggestion, and I'll make a Mantis if you feel it is something within the realm of possibility. I obviously am one of a few who like to have my game universes in my pocket, and with this game's updates tied to Steam, this hamstrings me a bit.

What I can personally do to resolve this is go back to my home machine, update the base installation there, and use synching software like SyncBack to copy over the new/changed files to my drive, without wiping out my saves or settings. It's a hassle, but a fairly minor one.

Would Arcen consider a midway for this use case: an executable, a "Bionic Dues Flash Packer," that comes with the Steam game. When you run it, it asks for a location, then copies the game files to that location, updates them if they are already there, and doesn't wipe out saves, settings, or any other user files?

I'm no programmer, but this might be accomplished with something as simple as a batch file or an AutoHotKey script converted to an executable.

Offline muttala

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 08:05:22 pm »
how about put it on gog.com. like steam it offer a platform to sell but DRM Free

Offline Penumbra

• Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 08:24:31 pm »
how about put it on gog.com. like steam it offer a platform to sell but DRM Free

Arcen isn't caring about the DRM. They need a way to supply updates to the game on all supported platforms. This now includes Linux, which GoG does not handle.

I really hope the Linux sales are working out for you. Personally, I love having the option. Steam's native support for Ubuntu is really helping.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 10:02:35 pm »
I really hope the Linux sales are working out for you. Personally, I love having the option. Steam's native support for Ubuntu is really helping.
The linux sales, compared to windows sales, are simply awful.  But we didn't do it expecting a short-term payoff.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Necro_Man_Ser

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 11:16:00 am »
Enjoying this version so far, customization is much better now.

Right now I was a little annoyed because my science bot got destroyed because a silence bot redirected my damage to the nearest fuel tank... I guess that's intentional, but in that case please edit the description of silence bot accordingly, right now it reads like the bot will transfer damage to other bots within radius "x", not fuel tanks. I never considered fuel tanks to be bots.

Oh and I also like the new art concept of the exos, they look more like exos now.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 12:59:15 pm »
Oh and I also like the new art concept of the exos, they look more like exos now.
??? What do you mean? There was nothing changed in that regard as far as I know...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Necro_Man_Ser

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 03:08:29 pm »
??? What do you mean? There was nothing changed in that regard as far as I know...

Just to make sure, I don't mean the models on the map but the icons on the left, they seem more humanoid now and less "blocky", but that might just be my imagination of course.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 03:52:01 pm »

Just to make sure, I don't mean the models on the map but the icons on the left, they seem more humanoid now and less "blocky", but that might just be my imagination of course.
It is, I am afraid ;). I am a fairly thorough follower of the change notes and I am *fairly* sure there has been no such change mentioned there...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline FrostyThePyro

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 04:12:11 pm »

did you change your resolution?  I know the new gear handling system is only available on certain resolutions, if you changed your res to accomadate that it could have had an impact on how the icons look.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 07:22:41 am »
The linux sales, compared to windows sales, are simply awful.  But we didn't do it expecting a short-term payoff.

Well, it should now be ever so slightly less awful; I just purchased the Linux version on Steam. :D

Offline GEIDI4

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 12:57:33 pm »
Hello,

I have noticed that since this release, when you hover your mouse over the items (in the customisation screen) they flicker really fast between what appears to be two different pop-up boxes. I know I should post this in Mantis but I need to figure Mantis out. Only have few minutes etc. excuses...

By the way the new customization screen is brilliant and massively improves the player's experience of the game.  :D

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2013, 01:02:00 pm »
I have noticed that since this release, when you hover your mouse over the items (in the customisation screen) they flicker really fast between what appears to be two different pop-up boxes.
If you're able to post a save, give me an example of a part I can mouseover to get the problem, tell me the exact resolution you're using, and whether you're using windowed or fullscreen that would help a lot :) 

By the way the new customization screen is brilliant and massively improves the player's experience of the game.  :D
Very glad to hear it!  Definitely put a lot of hours into tweaking that thing, heh ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kingpin23

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2013, 06:30:14 pm »
There was  a suggestion of putting in a rogue mode into bionic dues where you can lose your exo and equipment. Is that still going to happen? Have been away couple weeks so I was just wondering.
When I bought the game I assumed it was already in the game and to be honest I think it shouldv been in
the game at the release.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 06:34:06 pm by Kingpin23 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk