Author Topic: Are HideBots intended to be able to detect the player if stealthed?  (Read 1600 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Not sure whether this is something you want or can look into, but:

HideBots are apparently tracking the player, even if stealthed.
A nasty surprise that can be.
Mantised here.

As an aside, where do you (still) want feedback on the game, Keith?
Here or on Mantis? Or neither?

Thanks for what you are currently doing for the game, presumably in your spare time.
It is much appreciated :).
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Are HideBots intended to be able to detect the player if stealthed?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 04:48:37 pm »
Not sure whether this is something you want or can look into, but:

HideBots are apparently tracking the player, even if stealthed.
A nasty surprise that can be.
Mantised here.
Interesting, will take a look when I get a chance.

As an aside, where do you (still) want feedback on the game, Keith?
Here or on Mantis? Or neither?
Either.  Mantis is good for actual bug reports or straightforward change requests and for "filing" suggestions so that they don't get forgotten (forum threads quickly fade out of sight once the posts stop).  Forums are better for "I don't like what it's doing, but I'm not 100% sure what the solution is" discussions, which generally includes any significant mechanical/balance alterations, etc.  In those cases the idea is that the forum thread will produce a consensus and one or more mantis records for what's desired to be done.

Thanks for what you are currently doing for the game, presumably in your spare time.
It is much appreciated :).
You're very welcome :)  And yes, just my hobby-programming time (that isn't going to AIW's non-expansion stuff).  As Chris said recently, Arcen's essentially done with beyond-bugfixes support for Bionic. 

But I'm not :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: Are HideBots intended to be able to detect the player if stealthed?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 04:54:48 pm »
But I'm not :)
That, Keith, are the best news I have heard today :). Kudos!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk