Author Topic: Any plans for the next cycle yet?  (Read 21468 times)

Offline relmz32

• Full Member Mark II
Re: Any plans for the next cycle yet?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 12:05:50 pm »
Entirely tied up on Stars Beyond Reach right now, sorry :)  We're trying to get to an internally-fully-playable prototype before the holidays.

Its like giving yourself a fun and awesome chirstmas present!
A programmer had a problem. She thought to herself, "I know, I'll solve it with threads!". has Now problems. two she.

Offline tombik

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 10:22:07 am »
Entirely tied up on Stars Beyond Reach right now, sorry :)  We're trying to get to an internally-fully-playable prototype before the holidays.

Now that you are taking break from Stars Beyond Reach, I think I should bump this topic :)

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2015, 07:22:44 pm »

Now that you are taking break from Stars Beyond Reach, I think I should bump this topic :)

I will second the bump. Looking forward to the TLF add-on and Star Rogue, and would love to see an update on Bionic Dues.

Though to be fair perhaps if you made the BD update an add-on, then you could generate some new income on BD and not just invest your time and throw away any chance at making back some money on your time.

Also if you are getting paid and the community loves what you are doing, it could lead to, "Hey, these guys are loving BD, and we just made $xxxxx on the new add-on, maybe we can throw in some 'smaller' (read as cosmetic) changes like backgrounds, different cities, different color styles in a "Fashion Add-on" for BD?

Which if popular could lead to coming back later and adding maybe some new bots, or of the player being able to change out to a different 'set' of bots. (Or running with Diminished Bot stats to increase the difficulty level beyond where it is now for the hardcore players.

Or making a "Enemy Bot Add-on" that changes the stats, or adds new bad guy bots to fight the war with? ('Behemoth acid spitting - can see around corners enemy bot' anyone?)

Just some ideas. I love BD and just wish it could get some more love. 

-Teal

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2015, 01:57:11 am »

I will second the bump. Looking forward to the TLF add-on and Star Rogue, and would love to see an update on Bionic Dues.

Though to be fair perhaps if you made the BD update an add-on, then you could generate some new income on BD and not just invest your time and throw away any chance at making back some money on your time.

Also if you are getting paid and the community loves what you are doing, it could lead to, "Hey, these guys are loving BD, and we just made $xxxxx on the new add-on, maybe we can throw in some 'smaller' (read as cosmetic) changes like backgrounds, different cities, different color styles in a "Fashion Add-on" for BD?

Which if popular could lead to coming back later and adding maybe some new bots, or of the player being able to change out to a different 'set' of bots. (Or running with Diminished Bot stats to increase the difficulty level beyond where it is now for the hardcore players.

Or making a "Enemy Bot Add-on" that changes the stats, or adds new bad guy bots to fight the war with? ('Behemoth acid spitting - can see around corners enemy bot' anyone?)

Just some ideas. I love BD and just wish it could get some more love. 

-Teal
I cannot second this enough.
Yes, please :)!
If this ever becomes an option in terms of financial breathing room that is.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 02:00:37 am by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline muttala

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 09:33:56 am »
Yes i feel a bit jealous with TLF guys...Hey give us some bots as well!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 02:22:48 pm »
:)   I'll second the second.    :)

-T

Offline lessster

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 07:00:39 pm »
I would also love to get new content for this great game.

Is there any DLC planned?

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 02:27:44 am »
Starward Rogue with the timeshifting mech is pretty close to Bionic Dues.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 09:18:23 am »
I would also love to get new content for this great game.

Is there any DLC planned?
Unfortunately likely not due to the current money situation :/.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline tombik

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 01:11:58 pm »
Actually now that they enlargened their customer base with the giveaway, a not overambitious DLC for this game may help them financially.

I for one, always try to "complete" DLCs for the games I own.

And "giveaway the base game, charge for DLCs later" strategy is even used by 2K games before with Mafia2, Civ5 and XCOM EU via GMG.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 01:44:53 pm »
Actually now that they enlargened their customer base with the giveaway, a not overambitious DLC for this game may help them financially.

I for one, always try to "complete" DLCs for the games I own.

And "giveaway the base game, charge for DLCs later" strategy is even used by 2K games before with Mafia2, Civ5 and XCOM EU via GMG.
Sure, I would be a day-1-sale as well.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 01:56:47 pm »
Yea, there would be more of a market now but even with wide-install-base cases in the past (Skyward Collapse and TLF) we've found that the expansions didn't yield much. Only AIW's managed to make expansions make sense long-term, and even those bring in less than you might think. In general the "get any DLC for a game I own" motive does not appear to be very widespread.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline lessster

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 06:25:14 pm »
Yea, there would be more of a market now but even with wide-install-base cases in the past (Skyward Collapse and TLF) we've found that the expansions didn't yield much. Only AIW's managed to make expansions make sense long-term, and even those bring in less than you might think. In general the "get any DLC for a game I own" motive does not appear to be very widespread.

That's sad to hear.

Offline lessster

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 06:29:52 pm »
Starward Rogue with the timeshifting mech is pretty close to Bionic Dues.

Yes I know. I own Starward Rogue as well and it's a good game, too.

But AI War and Bionic Dues are the two games where I would immediately buy any new DLC without looking.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 06:32:32 pm by lessster »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk