Author Topic: A brighter Bionic Dues?  (Read 2510 times)

Offline skrutsch

• Newbie Mark III
A brighter Bionic Dues?
« on: May 26, 2014, 07:27:03 pm »
I think Bionic Dues would be the perfect diversion at the outdoor pool while my children swim, but the game is so dark I can hardly see it in the sunlight.  (Granted, my MacBook is six years old and certainly dimming with age, but it's all I've got.)

I've experimented with the options both in Bionic Dues and on the laptop, but that helped only a bit.  Any "bright" suggestions?   (I'd even be happy with a hack, no matter how ugly the result .)

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Y PzKpfw Tiger!
Re: A brighter Bionic Dues?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 03:16:27 am »
You're playing computer games while your kids play in a pool? Strikes me as odd. Mind you, I have no children of my own, but thinking back to my childhood...well, there were no smartphones and notebooks around, back then, but still.

Anyways, you could always try sitting under a large parasol, wearing a wide-brimmed hat, and possible putting your notebook inside a cardboard box. Mix and match those methods to best suit your situation.
The beatings shall continue
until morale improves!

Offline doctorfrog

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 11:42:26 am »
You can go into the images directory and edit the background files for better contrast.

Personally, I'd just bring a book to the pool, or if you must have electronic diversions, a DS.

Offline skrutsch

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 04:36:11 pm »
You can go into the images directory and edit the background files for better contrast.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Should anyone else have the same issue, my workaround modified each of the 12 .png files in the Floors subdirectory of the Images directory.  Not being a graphics whiz, I used the online editor at pixlr.com.  I opened and selected-all each .png image, changed the brightness and contrast from 0/0 to 60/60, saved the result and placed all 12 of them back in Floors, moving the originals to backup.

Seems to work OK so far, not terribly pretty but certainly functional enough for the pool.  If I have problems I'll note them here.

BTW my kids can all swim fine, at the pool my role is 80% chauffeur and 20% "quit splashing people"  :)

Offline acqsen

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 06:32:41 am »
i would be glad to test those files if you can upload them somewhere please
Have similar problems with not seeing due to low ligth + poor eyes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk