Author Topic: .933 - Release Candidate 2 out.  (Read 2459 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
.933 - Release Candidate 2 out.
« on: October 04, 2013, 07:43:15 pm »
Release notes: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Bionic_Dues_Alpha_Release_Notes#Alpha_0.933_Release_Candidate_2

Restart steam to force a quicker update.

This one has a variety of last-minute style tunings and tweaks and fixes.  Nothing dramatic, thank goodness, as now is the time we're not exactly looking for dramatic shifts. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: .933 - Release Candidate 2 out.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 08:18:51 pm »
One long-standing thing that possibly only affects me or other Linux users -- white loot drop text still looks yellowy.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 08:26:16 pm »
Yes, the text itself is a yellow font; it's not really a bug per se.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 08:46:03 pm »
Yes, the text itself is a yellow font; it's not really a bug per se.

The text of the items in the shop or inventory is white, but on the field when you collect them it's yellowy? Intentionally? All the other rarity loots seems to correspond with their shop colour, I think.

On a related note: is it possible to even find anything but green rarity loots in large loot containers behind locked doors? I must've opened 40 or so and not got a single non green in a new game.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:02:25 pm by Pepisolo »

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 01:45:01 am »
Most things seem good, as bugs go.

However, I had this happen:

With a mantis report here:  http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=12839

It's the science mission from hell!  All of those bots in red?  They were that way as soon as my scanners hit them. The bots in yellow?  Started randomly waking up after the shooting had begun.  Every one of them immediately targeting me.   More and more things kept coming from beyond the sensor range as well.  Most of them were BlunderBots with 2000+ shields, and various other horrible things.

Pretty sure it's related to a RazorBot.

I will say, that was the most intense mission I've yet done.   didn't lose any Exos though.  Only got shot about 3 times by StealthBots, the little snots.  Couldnt really move much out of my corner there, and stealth was useless here.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 05:19:12 pm »
One thing I noticed while watching this Let's Play is that you can shoot through solid walls diagonally at corners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlAeCYtuQvs

Just before the 18 minute mark.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 05:35:19 pm »
One thing I noticed while watching this Let's Play is that you can shoot through solid walls diagonally at corners.
That LP is from 0.928, the bug you refer to was fixed in 0.933 :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 05:52:31 pm »
Oh yeah.....doh?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 05:53:46 pm »
Oh yeah.....doh?
We'd rather hear about it twice than not at all, I was just mentioning that it was, in fact, fixed :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 05:56:09 pm »
Oh yeah.....doh?
We'd rather hear about it twice than not at all, I was just mentioning that it was, in fact, fixed :)

Yeah, heh. For some reason I thought putting a question mark on doh would work. Should have been an exclamation........ DOH!  ;D

Edit: don't fancy double posting, but I'm still paranoid that Large Loot Containers behind hacked doors can't drop anything other than green rarity items. Maybe it's because I'm early in the game or something, though. Playing on Expert Ironman now -- so much more enjoyable for me. I even lost an entire campaign!

Double edit: Just saw a blue drop on a Let's Play, so I guess I've just been unlucky so far. At least it's not a bug, then!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:13:29 pm by Pepisolo »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk