Author Topic: .931 Release Candidate 1 now out.  (Read 1982 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
.931 Release Candidate 1 now out.
« on: October 03, 2013, 12:13:22 pm »
Release notes: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Bionic_Dues_Alpha_Release_Notes#Alpha_0.931_Release_Candidate_1

Restart steam to force a quicker update.

So, this one has some more music, and the last 60 achievements that we'll have pre-1.0  It also has some other refinements based on player suggestions.

All in all, we are now pretty close to done.  The comic is still in progress, and more music is still on the way (and will continue to arrive after release, actually).  But in terms of features, we are done.  And in terms of things from mantis, we are pretty well done for 1.0.  Now we're basically in reactionary mode, looking mainly at new things that come in from folks as final tweaks prior to the 1.0 build.

Very exciting!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
Re: .931 Release Candidate 1 now out.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:27:16 pm »
Okay, a hotfix is now out that fixes AOE damage being broken in .932
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 07:19:38 pm »
Is it just me, or is there a fair bit of crackling in the title soundtrack at points now?

(It could be just me, I haven't had this wireless headset that long so sometimes I'm not sure if it's the problem...)

edit - the sound on the game map has it too, but it disappears in the second half of the title soundtrack so I think it's deliberate. On the game map, it is REALLY distracting to the point of discomfort.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:23:54 pm by Tridus »

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 07:55:19 pm »
I'm not hearing any of the static you're talking about on the city map.  The main theme has some, but I think it's intentional and I don't consider it distracting.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 08:04:13 pm »
@Tridus: do you have an alternate hardware to listen to the sound with?  To test to see if the extra crackling is from that specific headset.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 09:08:55 pm »
Yeah I do. I can't duplicate it now with the wired one or the wireless one, so I'm not sure what was going on.

If I hear it again I'll try to FRAPS it. That'll tell me if it's the wireless part or not, at least.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 09:20:22 pm »
I think it's possible for recording stuff to actually cause (or contribute to) audio distortions of that kind, actually :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Histidine

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 01:49:18 am »
Do the "win game with this commander" achievements require starting a new game? I'm not getting them on my saved games.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 01:51:08 am »
Do the "win game with this commander" achievements require starting a new game? I'm not getting them on my saved games.
It should work just fine on saves.  Can you mantis a save where it doesn't work?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk