Author Topic: .930 out.  (Read 2358 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
.930 out.
« on: October 02, 2013, 10:10:29 am »
Release notes: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Bionic_Dues_Alpha_Release_Notes#Alpha_0.930

Restart steam to force a quicker update if you like.

This one has a pretty hefty file size, because it has the first of the in-game music tracks.  This soundtrack is going to be a mix of old and new, mainly because we want to keep a really high quality bar without giving Pablo a stroke because of the short deadlines.  More all-new tracks will actually be arriving through the week after release.

This new version has a lot of tweaks to it, but the standout ones are probably:

1. The store having more inventory and thus getting more useful things there more of the time.

2. Some revamps to the customization/inventor/store buttons at the bottom of the screen, to make them all more consistent and sensible.

We are honestly getting to the point where there's not much left on our list aside from new bug reports and slight tweaks that you guys mention to us.  We've cleared pretty much everything out of mantis (as of last night, anyhow) that we plan to pre-1.0.  There are a few achievements left to add today, and there is more music coming, and there's a comic coming from Nick Trujillo, but that's it.

Exciting times!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: .930 out.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 12:55:37 pm »
This soundtrack is going to be a mix of old and new, mainly because we want to keep a really high quality bar without giving Pablo a stroke because of the short deadlines.  More all-new tracks will actually be arriving through the week after release.

I'm always impressed with how fast Pablo can come up with new material. How many tracks must he have written and recorded this year alone.... not sure, but it's a lot!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 01:11:48 pm »
It's definitely a lot, although we're overburdening him lately for sure.

With Bionic, it's a fun mix of some really highly remastered tracks with some changes to be "more in the Bionic style," plus the all-new material that goes along with it.  I think it's a good way to get the amount of music we needed, which was frankly turning out to be impossible in the set timeframe otherwise.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 01:33:11 pm »
It's definitely a lot, although we're overburdening him lately for sure.

With Bionic, it's a fun mix of some really highly remastered tracks with some changes to be "more in the Bionic style," plus the all-new material that goes along with it.  I think it's a good way to get the amount of music we needed, which was frankly turning out to be impossible in the set timeframe otherwise.

Sounds like a decent compromise, as long all the tracks feel uh... Bionicy.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 01:34:59 pm »
Yeppers.

Offline Breach

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 03:19:38 pm »
I absolutely love the new music. The missions before felt a bit empty without any sort of track but now it's much better. I also like the city music a lot as well, gives you something to listen to while looking over customisation options. :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 03:20:55 pm »
Awesome!

Offline FroBodine

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 03:28:04 pm »
So you're running out of things to do?  Ship it early!  I want to play this game.   :D :D

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 03:29:57 pm »
Patience!  The extra waiting period is worth it to make sure that there is nothing lingering that is wrong with it.  And it continues to give press time enough to look at it so that we can launch properly for once. :)  Tuesday the 8th is the day, it's all scheduled and counting down in steam and everything!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 08:30:15 pm »
This is Beautiful!!  Really, the part picker changes, the new difficulty changes, the balances, the new music, it is getting very, very nice!! I think we are almost there! only thing i found in first mission on hard was  2 computers  that when hacked didn't register anything. They disappeared and no entry on the message log line.  i saved the game, but don't know how to access it to send it along.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 05:22:49 am »
The improved store with more stuff is really good.  Having more choices helps particularly with the newly increased prices.

Also, that music.... so far it's even better than the soundtracks from the Valley games, which is high praise coming from me.   I'm gonna end up putting these on a disc to use while driving.  Are you guys going to sell the soundtrack seperately?

EDIT:  On a seperate note, what exactly are SentryBots for?  Kept meaning to ask that.... they have like no attack power but dont seem to do anything special as best I can tell, yet are rather rare.

Offline Rekka

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 07:48:12 am »
Yeah music is really, really good. As always with Pablo's works. I don't know which soundtrack I prefer between Valley and Bionic but they are both awesome.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 12:09:48 pm »
EDIT:  On a seperate note, what exactly are SentryBots for?  Kept meaning to ask that.... they have like no attack power but dont seem to do anything special as best I can tell, yet are rather rare.
As next version's tooltip will indicate: "A bot with a very keen understanding of whether or not the sky is, in fact, falling.  And broadcasting this information to allies.  Be careful with these: alerting this without killing it can wake up a LOT of angry friends."

It's had the ability since the beginning but I'm not sure many have noticed.  Basically if it gets to end its turn both alerted and alive, it can broadcast to other sentries within a wide are (pure distance, ignoring walls) to alert them, and any alerted sentry can alert any other bot in line of sight.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk