Author Topic: .925 now out.  (Read 4040 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
.925 now out.
« on: September 27, 2013, 05:02:22 pm »
Release notes: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Bionic_Dues_Alpha_Release_Notes#Alpha_0.925

Restart steam to force an update.

This one is a lot of little polish, for the most part.  Still some quite important stuff balance-wise, too, though.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: .925 now out.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 05:24:12 pm »
Updating fine, now. Thanks!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 05:36:10 pm »
You bet!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Winge

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 06:57:57 pm »
Looking pretty good now!  I guess all I really have left is to try out Rey and see if he is worthwhile to me.
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline windgen

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 07:25:04 pm »

Got two Bahamut sites next to the starting location on a new game at Expert difficulty.  Save file and screenshot here:  http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=12355

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 08:41:01 pm »
Wait, is the game not supposed to do that with the Bahamut missions?   I kept thinking those were just super-random in where they were placed on any difficulty.   

My recent restart of Expert had 2 of them super close to the HQ as well;  after only 4 missions or so, I had 2 of those done.

Offline Winge

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 09:09:20 pm »
Bahamut, Factory, Lion's Den, and Assassination missions are not supposed to spawn next to the player HQ, last I heard.  I still see them spawn their as well.  Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the Bahamut spawned next to me, but then I suppose Genji wouldn't be as good.
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 12:20:04 am »
Hm, I'm not seeing them spawn directly next to the HQ, as in, the first choices of missions that you have to do in order to proceed, but I'm seeing them quite close;  2 to 3 steps away from it, something like that.   I've only done a couple of missions in my current game, but Iv'e already gotten 2 Epics, and there's a Lion's Den as well as Assassination in view already as well.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 08:53:17 am »
Hm, ok, I have found one glitch that could be a problem, since it can cause DoomBots to become immediately super buffed with attack power if there's traps around:    http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=12731

Sure made for an interesting assassination mission though, since those guys are part of my final army listing and I did the mission at like, turn 6 I think it was.   A good 10 or so DoomBots appeared in that mission area (and the assassination missions seem to have smaller areas than other types) along with TreadBots, HideBots, and LeaderBots.   Quite the horde.   didn't lose any Exos though or take many hits.  Hilariously, the Science Exo was the one that killed 8 or 9 of the DoomBots.  That chaingun really is an excellent weapon if you're super careful about how you use it.

I gotta say, this game is at it's best, at least for me, when the difficulty gets really nasty like that.   Most missions on Expert arent close to as mean as that one.  Certainly appropriate for a boss mission though!   

Also, TethysBots are mean as well.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 12:51:22 pm »
Bahamut, Factory, Lion's Den, and Assassination missions are not supposed to spawn next to the player HQ, last I heard.  I still see them spawn their as well.  Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the Bahamut spawned next to me, but then I suppose Genji wouldn't be as good.
Hm. I got two Factories right next to my HQ in the fresh Hard game I just started using .925, so there definitely seems to be something awry here ;D...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:54:25 pm by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 01:03:01 pm »
Citygen in 0.926 should deal with that ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 02:47:12 pm »
Great ;D.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Histidine

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 10:07:21 am »
Maybe manufacturing levels went down a little too much!

20 days left on the clock; did no Lion's Den or Command Center missions; two or three Assassinations.

Now to be sure, I don't want to go back to the good old days of 400 TreadBots either; perhaps we should split the difference?

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 10:38:13 am »
what....

Those numbers dont make sense to me.   I started a new game with this recent update, and I had WAY more bots in that army even just near the start;  I'm not all that far in yet, even.  Heck, I STILL have more than that even after doing an extremely successful Lion's Den.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 11:07:51 am »
In my game, I completed a Lions Den (first one) on hard difficulty and I was down to less than the numbers Histidine has shown. Suffice to say I'm not really quaking in my boots at the thought of the final battle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk