Author Topic: .925 now out.  (Read 4033 times)

Offline Winge

Re: .925 now out.
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 04:41:48 pm »
In my game, I completed a Lions Den (first one) on hard difficulty and I was down to less than the numbers Histidine has shown. Suffice to say I'm not really quaking in my boots at the thought of the final battle.

Agreed, Robot manufacturing could go back up significantly.  It doesn't feel threatening in my Expert game either.
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 08:50:08 pm »
Sorry if this was recently mentioned in a different thread: is the release still likely for October?

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 08:58:48 pm »
Sorry if this was recently mentioned in a different thread: is the release still likely for October?

According to the youtube page for the trailer, the release is set for October 8th. Not sure if this is 100% accurate, though.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 10:22:13 am »

According to the youtube page for the trailer, the release is set for October 8th. Not sure if this is 100% accurate, though.

It should be, yes.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 10:24:41 am »
In terms of the manufacturing levels, the way that I tuned it this time was to have around 200-300 total bots at the end of the game, down from what was often 1000 or a bit more previously.  How many are folks looking for?

The reason that I made the change in particular is that what with the shift to fewer number of bots (about 1/3 as many) in recent versions, that made for a huge increase in end-game difficulty since the numbers of spawned bots for the final missions had not gone down.

Generally speaking I was winding up, in testing, having to play through the final battle about 8-12 times (!?!?!) in order to win the game.  That was way too much.  Now if you don't do any lion's den missions, etc, you'll have to play through the final battle maybe 3, maybe 4 times.  That still seems a tad on the excessive side, but I'm open to suggestions for sure.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 10:30:16 am »
Those numbers for the final fight seem fine to me;  I'm not seeing the low numbers of army buildup that are shown in this thread, even after winning a Lion's Den. 

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 10:57:12 am »
Those numbers for the final fight seem fine to me;  I'm not seeing the low numbers of army buildup that are shown in this thread, even after winning a Lion's Den.

When did you start your campaign?  It sounds like you started it prior to .925, which means that your starting numbers of bots would have been much higher than they would be under .925

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 07:57:44 pm »
Aha, that's right, that might be the reason, I hadnt thought of that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk