Author Topic: .924 now out.  (Read 3667 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: .924 now out.
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 04:52:16 pm »
Can't update to .924 on Linux for some reason. I've reinstalled the game, too. Surprised I only noticed after completing a couple of missions!

Are you on the dev branch?  If so, that only goes up to .923, and you should switch back to the main branch.  That's the only reason I could think of for this!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 05:01:31 pm »
Can't update to .924 on Linux for some reason. I've reinstalled the game, too. Surprised I only noticed after completing a couple of missions!

Are you on the dev branch?  If so, that only goes up to .923, and you should switch back to the main branch.  That's the only reason I could think of for this!

Nope, never switched the dev branch on and it's not on in my steam settings. I'll try a PC reboot later, maybe that'll sort it.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 05:03:20 pm »
I think I missed updating the build for OSX and Linux on that one, actually -- oops.  I looked at the linux compared to OSX and they were the same, so at first I thought there shouldn't be an issue.  Then I looked at the windows one, and realized. ;) .925 just came out, though, and definitely has it for all three.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 08:39:09 pm »
Long ago bumped myself up to hard. Not really struggling, seems about right for me, although I'm only in the last 20 days. I'm not really in serious mode, either. Looking forward to testing ironman mode on expert -- for some reason I've always gotta play permadeath in the highest difficulty even if I get caned. Oh, I've been watching those Let's Plays by Das and he seems to be cruising normal, although he is a very strategical player. Casual/Normal definitely don't seem too hard.

I noticed that same thing when watching his stuff;  I get the impression that he was expecting Normal to be harder.  Where right now it seems very easy, with most things just going squish in one easy hit and the player not taking much damage to their already high-ish shields.  I know I'm not really the best one to judge that particular difficulty level, but still.   Considering that alot of players will start on Normal, I keep wondering if the low challenge of that is going to give the wrong impression?   

As for these exponent things, I have to wonder if the changes with those are going to make hard/expert easier?  Not that I'm any good with math stuffs.

Offline Histidine

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 12:45:56 am »
If the lower difficulties are too easy, maybe the exo health bonuses could just go down somewhat. 10x, 5x and even 2x are a lot.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 10:13:56 am »
* The health multipliers for exos in various difficulty levels has been tuned:
** 1.1x instead of 2x on normal.
** 3.5x instead of 5x on easy.
** 7x instead of 10x on casual.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk