Author Topic: .920 now out.  (Read 1823 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
.920 now out.
« on: September 24, 2013, 10:56:06 am »
New one: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Bionic_Dues_Alpha_Release_Notes#Alpha_0.920

Restart steam to force this to update quicker, if you like.

Not a whole lot to add to the release notes on this one.  Lots of various stuff in there, heading into serious polish.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: .920 now out.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 08:06:20 pm »
I'm liking all the new lines of dialogue. I assume they're new anyway, although I haven't gotten as far into the game as this before. From the release notes seems like there's a lot packed into it. I wasn't expecting an extra 115 lines. 115? Is that right, sounds like a lot! Good work.

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 08:23:32 pm »
Only had time to do 3 missions with this new patch, but so far the item generation feels a bit better. I like the changes.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 04:34:28 am »
Hm, I've done a couple of missions, and for the most part this patch is fine, but the Mastermind bug prevents me from going any further.   Any mission that has those is unbeatable.  2 actions per turn is one thing.... that can be pretty nasty, but it's still doable.   THREE actions per turn though.... cant fight that.  They simply get too many moves.   Particularly when the game seems to have this thing for combining them with CommandBots, which seem to appear literally every time the Masterminds do (might be a bug? I've not even once seen Masterminds without CommandBots in the same mission).

Also, I've noticed something with RazorBots;  enemies that have fired at one of these will then come after the player even if they're super far out of awareness range.  I'm not entirely sure if that's a bug or not.  Bots tend to get a little weird when RazorBots are nearby.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 08:23:36 am »
In terms of the MastermindBots, I'll take a look at that, I had not realized that was quite as serious as it was.

In terms of RazorBots, that sounds roughly right, so long as the bots are attacking the RazorBot first.  But once the razorbot is dead, they should pursue you from any distance.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 09:44:54 am »
Hah, yeah, I'd sorta had the idea after I'd mentioned it that the Razorbot thing would turn out to be completely intentional  :P

They're like a bomb that blows up the patience of everything near them.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 10:19:54 am »
Hahaha, that's an awesome way to put it. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk