Author Topic: .918 out -- Better, But Please Keep Watch  (Read 4194 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: .918 out -- Better, But Please Keep Watch
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2013, 10:36:37 pm »
Iirc some of those stats can appear  on items that go in other slots as secondary effects.
FWIW, Hacking, Stealth, Virus, Sentry, and Mines do not occur on parts that go in slots outside their normal system.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 10:48:12 pm »
You didn't make a .919 thread, so I'm just leaving this here.

I'm noticing some weird empty level behavior and suicidal behavior by the bots. I have seen bots go bananas three or four rooms off to the side, and it always seems like EMP bots are in the middle of the hijinks.

I also notice a potential problem: it is possible to be surrounded by EMP bots and be stuck if you run out of ammunition. It might be worth having just a token short-range attack just to prevent getting stuck. It's also really annoying to have to kill these things because they are making you stuck and then having to wait so many turns. Is it intentional that by switching robots, the robot that was EMP-affected has to pass x-many turns once it is called back in? I would think that by switching, the other robot would heal in time. Could help with pacing in EMP-heavy levels.

Is anyone noticing that EMP bots are by far the most common enemy right now? Feels like every level has them, and they are my least favorite.

Also, has anyone noticed that satellite dish missions are extremely rare? Given that there are 50 missions, I feel like there should be a little bit more of these, especially if the player is really doing well. Maybe at least 3. You also might want to provide a saved game at the beginning, middle, and end, for the people who do your reviews professionally. That way they can review the endgame in a successful scenario. Something to consider.

Favorite missions: murderbot, hostage rescue, satellite dish

Money behavior: I clean out my inventory every turn. Really need attack power to survive later on. I find that ammo capacity value goes down, attack power value goes up, and shield value goes up. "Shield related" statistic bonuses don't feel that awesome, but they don't seem to be dominating part descriptions anyways. More like frosting. Okay I guess. Getting a damage reduction of -7 doesn't really matter when you have 1200 HP, and the enemy is blasting you for far greater.

That's it for tonight. Still doing well guys, just needs more stability. You really don't want random crashes and black screens on your opening reviews!
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 02:13:24 am »
You didn't make a .919 thread, so I'm just leaving this here.

I'm noticing some weird empty level behavior and suicidal behavior by the bots. I have seen bots go bananas three or four rooms off to the side, and it always seems like EMP bots are in the middle of the hijinks.

I also notice a potential problem: it is possible to be surrounded by EMP bots and be stuck if you run out of ammunition. It might be worth having just a token short-range attack just to prevent getting stuck. It's also really annoying to have to kill these things because they are making you stuck and then having to wait so many turns. Is it intentional that by switching robots, the robot that was EMP-affected has to pass x-many turns once it is called back in? I would think that by switching, the other robot would heal in time. Could help with pacing in EMP-heavy levels.

Is anyone noticing that EMP bots are by far the most common enemy right now? Feels like every level has them, and they are my least favorite.

Also, has anyone noticed that satellite dish missions are extremely rare? Given that there are 50 missions, I feel like there should be a little bit more of these, especially if the player is really doing well. Maybe at least 3. You also might want to provide a saved game at the beginning, middle, and end, for the people who do your reviews professionally. That way they can review the endgame in a successful scenario. Something to consider.

Favorite missions: murderbot, hostage rescue, satellite dish

Money behavior: I clean out my inventory every turn. Really need attack power to survive later on. I find that ammo capacity value goes down, attack power value goes up, and shield value goes up. "Shield related" statistic bonuses don't feel that awesome, but they don't seem to be dominating part descriptions anyways. More like frosting. Okay I guess. Getting a damage reduction of -7 doesn't really matter when you have 1200 HP, and the enemy is blasting you for far greater.

That's it for tonight. Still doing well guys, just needs more stability. You really don't want random crashes and black screens on your opening reviews!

Hmm, havent seen any of the issues with EMPbots or bizarre behavior on the part of other enemies.  Unless somehow a RazorBot has been activated, that can be very confusing if you somehow dont see it happen.  Makes all surrounding bots go berserk at it, which can cause lots of explosions and such depending on what's doing the shooting.

As for the satellite missions, I'm seeing 4 of them on my current map, which is probably enough.  Heck, that allows the player to knock off a full 20 days from the overall game, which might even be a little much.

And weapon stats and such, I'm pretty sure Keith is already looking into that.   It was brought up in the part balance thread, since weapon damage items dont scale well at all (among a few other things that also dont scale well).

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 02:20:49 am »
FWIW the +attack stat (and a few others like +ammo) has already been reworked significantly for 0.920, yea :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk