Author Topic: First impressions  (Read 3328 times)

Offline Rekka

• Jr. Member Mark II
Re: First impressions
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 05:36:41 am »
Yup a question mark could be less ambiguous. ;)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 06:07:22 am »
Yup a question mark could be less ambiguous. ;)
Seconded.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline bytestream

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 06:40:26 am »
So, after I had unexpected guests over the weekend I was finally able to play some Bionic Dues since Monday, not much but still a couple of missions. Time to give you my first impressions.

The following is completely unfiltered, it's just what crossed my mind while playing:
- I really love the title song
- "Why was I programmed to feel pain?"
- Why are there crosshairs on the map? (Found out that they mark unexplored areas later)
- How can I remove parts from a Exo, can I only replace them? (Found it out later)
- What the hug do all these stats do? (Still don't exactly know it)
- Why has my Science Bot no hacking skill? (Expected it to be there, didn't thought that moving on top of it would trigger a hack attempt)
- Why doesn't the game tell me when my mission is finished?

So, that's it for the moment, I will post a more detailed feedback later or tomorrow.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 07:25:43 am »
So, after I had unexpected guests over the weekend I was finally able to play some Bionic Dues since Monday, not much but still a couple of missions. Time to give you my first impressions.

The following is completely unfiltered, it's just what crossed my mind while playing:
- I really love the title song
- "Why was I programmed to feel pain?"
- Why are there crosshairs on the map? (Found out that they mark unexplored areas later)
- How can I remove parts from a Exo, can I only replace them? (Found it out later)
- What the hug do all these stats do? (Still don't exactly know it)
- Why has my Science Bot no hacking skill? (Expected it to be there, didn't thought that moving on top of it would trigger a hack attempt)
- Why doesn't the game tell me when my mission is finished?

So, that's it for the moment, I will post a more detailed feedback later or tomorrow.

For the stats, in the lower left corner of the customization screen there is a list of all of your Exo's current stats; you can hover over any of these for a description of exactly what they do.

The hacking bit, your Science guy will have a little bit of hacking points inherantly, but for the most part you get hacking points from parts that go into the computer slots.  There is a type of mission you can do, which has an icon that looks like a test-tube, which awards you high quality computer parts when you win.  Good idea to do at least one of these ASAP, as hacking points are mostly used to get at the loot that is behind locked doors.

And for the finished mission bits, you've got a good point there, it should bring up some sort of message for those missions that have special things you need to do.  In many cases though the missions boil down to "reach the exit".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk