Author Topic: .910 now out.  (Read 9182 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: .910 now out.
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2013, 05:13:52 pm »
Now it's set up so that it only needs one shot
I saw what happened to your siege exo.  You only get one shot, whatever the ammo count says ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2013, 05:18:46 pm »
I saw what happened to your siege exo.  You only get one shot, whatever the ammo count says ;)

It just wiped out an entire assassination mission, including 3 TethysBots (video available on demand). It only needs one shot! :D

(The original version didn't have that kind of AoE range on it, so it actually could be fired twice. This new version is so much more effective that it's essentially broken the two hardest mission types.)

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2013, 05:36:53 pm »

It just wiped out an entire assassination mission, including 3 TethysBots (video available on demand). It only needs one shot! :D

(The original version didn't have that kind of AoE range on it, so it actually could be fired twice. This new version is so much more effective that it's essentially broken the two hardest mission types.)

It seems that you found nice new way to break the game  8)

Only drawback that you can get only 3 item rewards since shooter is guaranteed to die.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2013, 06:17:12 pm »
It seems that you found nice new way to break the game  8)
Yea, there were reasons behind the original splash radius of the plasma cannon, as well as the "damage attenuates over splash range" rule.  But we managed to iterate ourselves into this position :)

It's good for the humor, though!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2013, 07:19:17 pm »
Okay, so I did the last level. Unfortunately the recording didn't work, though I could always try again.

Aside from the general hilarity of "killing almost the entire enemy force with a single shot in the last level" stuff, the other problem was TethysBot. Specifically they were unkillable if not one shot. At one point I hit a switchplate that disabled it and pumped 5 machine gun shots into it, then 15 laser shots. Then I stealthed, changed to my ninja, and hit it with 20 kinetic bursts.

By the end of that, it had 500,000 shields. Shooting it again made it go up more. I've got a video of emptying the chain gun into it and watching its health go up. (That one was already in mantis as it turned out)

Virusing them did the same thing, they'd shoot other ones and go up in health infinitely.

So to beat that, I had to remove one of my range extenders on my plasma cannon and put a damage booster on it instead. Now it couldn't hit the entire map, but it'd just one shot most of it instead. Any I didn't hit that time, I just died against (they're unkillable without a gun doing many thousands per shot). Go to the next level and hit the plasma cannon, that got the rest of them.

So there's a couple of issues there, one of which is a bug. The other one is the plasma cannon being totally absurdly overpowered, to the point that I did three missions in two minutes and a combined total of three shots.

edit - Here's a mantis for the plasma cannon.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 07:31:37 pm by Tridus »

Offline Winge

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2013, 11:53:22 pm »
Here's a video: http://www.hiredgoons.ca/bionicDues/OneShot125Kills.mp4

Note the lag caused by this too, and that's on an i7 with 8GB of RAM. :D

Part of the reason for the insta-clear and lag is explosive runes--every rune you hit with the Plasma Cannon replicates the effects.  Those things are wonderful  :D
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2013, 11:59:01 pm »
Here's a video: http://www.hiredgoons.ca/bionicDues/OneShot125Kills.mp4

Note the lag caused by this too, and that's on an i7 with 8GB of RAM. :D

Part of the reason for the insta-clear and lag is explosive runes--every rune you hit with the Plasma Cannon replicates the effects.  Those things are wonderful  :D
Oh, look, the Epic Siege left a note on the refrigerator

"I prepared Explosive Runes this mo-"

(Boom.  Problem Solved.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk