Author Topic: 1.002 *beta* out now.  (Read 3192 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
1.002 *beta* out now.
« on: October 23, 2013, 09:08:19 am »
Release notes: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Bionic_Dues_Post_Release_Notes#Beta_1.002

Steam will not automatically update you to this version unless you specifically add yourself to the beta branch for this game.  To do so, right-click the game in steam and choose properties.  Under the Betas tab, choose "beta" from the dropdown.  You may have to restart steam after that in order to get it to trigger the download of the 1.001 version.  Once this feature set is considered stable, it will be merged into the normal steam update path for everyone.

This new version has some fixes and balance tweaks, and does further iteration on the new customization interface for larger screen resolutions.  Enjoy!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Elcs

• Newbie Mark II
Re: 1.002 *beta* out now.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 09:28:52 am »
Would one have to start a 'new game' to experience all of the balance tweaks?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 09:30:31 am »
Nope!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Goekhan

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 10:17:38 am »
Cool, one click stuff.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 03:12:43 pm »
I've had a bit of a test. Looks like the customization screen changes are a big step forward. More extensive testing needed. Scroll wheel for exo change is very handy. Double-click to insert a piece in an open slot might be nice. Or shift-click if that's free.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 04:07:29 pm »
1.003 beta fix is now out!

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 12:13:13 am »
Looking good so far. I feel like there are definite improvements in the loot overload issues. I still get a little shaky about optimizing things, but it's not quite making me give up and close the game any more, so that's good!

I ran into a situation where a bot was able to target and shoot me but I couldn't shoot back and it was still considered out of line of sight for me. I'm assuming that's not intended? It was behind one of the hackable computers in a 2 tile wide hallway, and it was one tile up and maybe 4 or 5 over from me. Once I moved up one tile, it was suddenly in line of sight. Which is odd, because that put the computer directly between it and me. I forgot to get a screenshot and bug report it, because I'm out of practice.

Offline Elcs

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 02:50:57 am »
I've had a bit of a test. Looks like the customization screen changes are a big step forward. More extensive testing needed.

Agreed.

Played 1 mission, checked on how my loot might have improved my exos and spent 15 minutes making changes to every single exo because the new UI gelt like such a big step in the right direction for the UI there. Comparisons are much more easily made and swapping equipment around is also easier. I have found myself using loot filters because of these improvements too.

Great patch so far :)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 04:35:46 am »
Looking good so far. I feel like there are definite improvements in the loot overload issues. I still get a little shaky about optimizing things, but it's not quite making me give up and close the game any more, so that's good!
Cool stuff indeed! A definite step forward :D.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 10:37:34 am »
Double-click to insert a piece in an open slot might be nice. Or shift-click if that's free.
You mean double click an inventory part to tell the game "just put this somewhere on this exo"?  Or double clicking an empty slot to tell the game "just put something from the inventory in this slot"?

The former makes sense, though you could run into some very ambiguous situations with coolant tanks or whatever with their very wide set of eligible slots and different effects in different slots.

The latter also makes sense from a specialized standpoint, but if it were a default behavior (as opposed to enabled by a toggle) I think that would lead to unintentionally-triggered huh?! moments :)

Any other specific suggestions for the customization UI that aren't already in the wishlist thread?

@Bob: on the thing where the bot could shoot you but you couldn't shoot back, do you have a save?  There's one case where that's valid: ninjabots blocking your vision.  That's the only case I'm aware of where a bot can fire on you from outside your direct los.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 04:43:22 pm »
Quick question Keith if i can?  I was putting the parts away, wonderfully cool and easy, but ran into the forgive me, dumb silly thing of me in the equipped tab and not realizing i was there.
I kept clicking on the part and then on the slot for the assault, and it wasn't happening, duh! 

Anyway, would it be possible to add a tool tip that gets added when a part is equipped that says 'Equipped!'  ? :)

It would save those of us, that don't really see, nor think, nor quickly realize, er... hmm... cough... that we are not doing the right thing, or that we are in the wrong tab!  :)

It sounds silly i know, but it would help keep me aware and plugging away, instead of continuing to click.
As a concession to this lapse of memory of what tab i am on, i give permission to use a new bot called the teal_blue bot, that forgets where it is at random times during its run about the levels.  :)

-Teal

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
I've got a save, sorry, i am wondering if this has something to do with my setup, because no one else is saying anything that i am aware of. Though to be truthful, sometimes i miss things, so maybe people are saying things about the computer terminals in the game not showing on the message log, or perhaps it is supposed to do this on occassion?

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 04:49:10 pm »
You mean double click an inventory part to tell the game "just put this somewhere on this exo"?  Or double clicking an empty slot to tell the game "just put something from the inventory in this slot"?

The former makes sense, though you could run into some very ambiguous situations with coolant tanks or whatever with their very wide set of eligible slots and different effects in different slots.

I was thinking the former, although I hadn't anticipated the ambiguous situations with multi-slot items.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk