Author Topic: Worlds won't load since newest beta patch  (Read 2137 times)

Offline mclarenfan86

Worlds won't load since newest beta patch
« on: April 27, 2012, 08:00:30 pm »
Hi, whenever I go to load either of my two worlds, the game gives me a message saying that another copy of AVWW is running this world and it cannot load (even though no other copy of the game is running.) It suggests that I delete a lock file from the world and it should work. I've done this but it has not worked. When I go to load a world, a message appears in the chat and it says something to the effect of, "The game has reached a fatal error...We will need the error.txt files in your runtime folder" and it says "Unhandled errors." I've attached the unhandederrors.txt file. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :D

Offline Partisus

Re: Worlds won't load since newest beta patch
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 08:07:41 pm »
I have the same problem, here is my file as well.

Offline Mr. Hwantaw

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 08:39:04 pm »
I'm jumping on this wagon.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 09:07:50 pm »
This has been fixed for 1.003, I've let Chris know so he can get that out, but I think he's away from his machine at the moment.

Thanks for making sure we knew :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TheEvilNoob

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 09:17:33 pm »
This has been fixed for 1.003, I've let Chris know so he can get that out, but I think he's away from his machine at the moment.

Thanks for making sure we knew :)
Good to know  :) I thought it was just me.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 09:48:08 pm »
Just FYI in case you don't see it otherwise: 1.003 is out now, update and load your world and you should be good to go :)  If not, please let me know.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mclarenfan86

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 09:52:04 pm »
Works great!! Thanks a ton :D

Offline RayneProwler

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 01:00:32 am »
Still having the same issue with my world post patch.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 09:58:33 am »
Still having the same issue with my world post patch.
Can you post your world file?  And error log txt files, preferably.  Thanks :)

Offline RayneProwler

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 12:31:14 pm »
Here is the messed up world and the error log

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 07:30:29 pm »
Here is the messed up world and the error log
Thanks, that helps a lot in figuring out what it was.

It's not the bug that was preventing load of older worlds, this one is a bug in the world file itself: the world.dat file is completely blank.  There's no way to recover than that unless you have a backup (which I'm hoping you do).

I've never seen this, and really don't know how it was managed.  The bug that started this thread wouldn't have done it because it happened during load; the world was never fully loaded such that it could be saved back in a corrupt state (and even there it wouldn't have written nothing).

If you're able to find a way in which this can be made to happen to a world, then that would be a bug in the game and I could fix that to prevent it happening again.  As this case stands, I don't know if it was a bug in the game or something weird happening in the filesystem (some kind of permissions denial) or what.

Offline RayneProwler

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 08:05:11 pm »
Wow that's pretty weird and what baffles me more is all of the backups of that world refuse to load as well even the one that I had prior to the error. My guess is that there was something writing to the .dat file when my computer locked up for some reason while playing and it corrupted/wiped out the file.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 08:11:39 pm »
Wow that's pretty weird and what baffles me more is all of the backups of that world refuse to load as well even the one that I had prior to the error. My guess is that there was something writing to the .dat file when my computer locked up for some reason while playing and it corrupted/wiped out the file.
Wait, all the backups have blank world.dat files too?  Check in the filesystem, not in the game, in case some totally bizzare-o thing is doing that during load (that really shouldn't be possible).

Offline RayneProwler

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 09:15:24 pm »
Its only that particular world though. I ended up starting over only being a day into it so it wasn't to much of a bother and new world works fine without a problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk