Author Topic: Sticky Rescue  (Read 1677 times)

Offline kizumuki

Sticky Rescue
« on: May 24, 2012, 03:05:53 pm »
Been playing for about a week now and every time I play this game multiplayer with my friend and try to do a rescue mission the character we're trying to save gets stuck... On anything, from the corner of a ledge to a wall. Not sure whats causing it, but mainly only happens when we play together, to escape we then have to abandon our characters as it wont let us leave mid mission.

I attached a picture of the problem just to give me a hand he has NO movement at all its as if he's frozen.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: Sticky Rescue
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 03:07:27 pm »
You say this happens every time? Do you happen to have a world you can send us where we can reliably reproduce this? I've seen others say stuff like this, but I've never been able to actually get NPCs to get stuck.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 03:08:04 pm »
Yea, had this happen to me too. (EDIT: even as recent as version 1.026) Sometimes when taking a sharp corner closely, a survivor will "clip" into the corner a bit and get stuck.

Sometimes, you can fix this by going back and make them go back out the corner the way they got themselves in it, but based on how that room is laid out and where your survivor is, that might not be possible in this case.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:16:37 pm by techsy730 »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 03:09:00 pm »
Welcome to the forums -- what version are you playing on?

We've had some reports of that, quite a number back towards 1.0 actually, but we never have been able to duplicate it.  If you have a world file that we could test with, that would be really handy.  Also if you're not on the latest beta, you might give that a shot as perhaps this was simply something we fixed as a side effect of fixing something else.  We're aiming for a new official release late next week, so the Steam version will self-update at that time.

EDIT: Looks like I was ninja'd twice, but still. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline kizumuki

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 03:20:06 pm »
Wow thats a fast response! Well I'm fully upto date with the game 1.029 had this happen last time we tried to rescue someone in 1.026. For a little added information, once we talk to the guy/girl to save them they follow along but some times they move at ridiculous speeds darting around the map and then the screen shot happens. I'm working on getting a copy of the world folder/file as we speak, Very frustrating problem really.

[Edit]
Just got this ziped world folder from my friend, hope its right/helps
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:28:00 pm by kizumuki »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 03:35:58 pm »
That helps a lot to know they are darting all over the place, actually -- thanks!

Can you describe that any more, actually?  Are they appearing in walls and so forth?  Are they literally blipping around the screen, or is it a matter of them moving twice as fast as you and passing you and coming back, etc?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline kizumuki

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 03:54:32 pm »
Ok I'll do my best to explain it, once they go into follow mode, they float up as usual and as soon as it gets into the actual move to follow the player state it starts to zip around the screen between us, at this point, we're then starting to bunk it out of there as it follows it will sort of over estimate the required movement causing it to litterally spaz out (by turning left and right at high speeds. As we got to that point it attempted to shoot a monster and then over estimate the movement into the wall, did another spaz out thing and ended up frozen in the wall as my picture shows. I'm going to load up my screen capture software, see if I can catch it in action next time. I know it's still pretty vauge but thats probably the best I can do at describing the whole thing start to finish.

thanks for the welcome too, this game is awesome fun :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 03:56:13 pm »
Awesome, thanks for the description -- that actually helps a lot!

And thanks for the kind words, too. :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 10:15:33 am »
Okay, I have been able to duplicate it finally -- thanks for that!  We'll see what turns up. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk