Author Topic: Game breaking bug - automatically leaving settlement  (Read 1177 times)

Offline [email protected]

Game breaking bug - automatically leaving settlement
« on: May 09, 2012, 02:14:32 pm »
I recently encountered the following problem shortly after completing a secret mission.  I head back to the settlement, and the map for the settlement loads.  I can see the local dungeon screen for like .5 seconds.  Then I IMMEDIATELY am forced out of the settlement and back to the world map.  I can't pause or do anything to stop this from happening.  Further advancement is impossible without being able to heal.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: Game breaking bug - automatically leaving settlement
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 02:15:48 pm »
If you leave the game and come back, is this still an issue? If so, would you upload the world here so that we can take a look at it.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 08:27:14 pm »
No, that wouldn't fix it.  However, the next release 1.013 will:

* Fixed a pretty nasty bug where players could block each other (or themselves) by placing wooden crates at the direct entrance to outdoor chunks.  Now the players properly get shifted upwards as much as is needed, or get bumped elsewhere into the chunk if someone makes a solid line of crates to the top of the sky.  This will let some players back into their settlements who had literally been locked out by either themselves or other players who discovered this in the last few days.

Thanks!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline [email protected]

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 11:45:07 pm »
Thanks!  The new update fixed it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk