Author Topic: Framerate issue  (Read 2779 times)

Offline Yurka_Maku

• Newbie Mark III
  • Tiny Patchy
Framerate issue
« on: May 22, 2012, 03:19:13 pm »
For some reason, no matter how i set up the graphical detail, it seems to lagg slightly, 50fps minimal, but when its 60, its jutty. Any solution?

Specs attached

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Framerate issue
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 03:26:50 pm »
What version of the game are you playing on?  Also, ATI cards have had notably buggy drivers lately; you may want to make sure you're on their most recent stable version.

Beyond that, you might also try increasing the target framerate in the Graphics tab in the game itself and see if that changes anything.

Hope that helps!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Yurka_Maku

• Newbie Mark III
  • Tiny Patchy
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 05:27:20 pm »
Everything is up to date, including Bios (was an issue for Saints Row The Third) and adjusted a few controls, still jogging down to 45fps

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 06:22:17 pm »
If you look in your AVWW_Data subfolder inside your installation location, you'll see output.log.  Can you post that?

Beyond that, what settings are you using in the game?  I'd think you'd be seeing excellent performance.  I seem to recall there might have been some issues if you were using two GPUs chained together, but I'm not sure.  Right now I'm literally very much in the dark as to what might be the cause on your machine.  Where are you getting this kind of performance?  The main menu?  In settlements?  General gameplay?  Somewhere specific?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Yurka_Maku

• Newbie Mark III
  • Tiny Patchy
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 07:20:49 pm »
seems it might not be detecting stuff, its skipping frames because its not detecting a device

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 07:32:13 pm »
That's just from when you are tabbed out -- that part is okay.  I'm not seeing any smoking gun in that log file.

However, I did stumble across some CPU-related slowdowns when a lot of infestation entities are present.  The next version, which will be out tonight, will resolve those issues; I'll be curious to hear what that does to your issue here.  Then let's see what we can figure out beyond that if that doesn't help -- I'd need probably a saved world file of you standing somewhere that is giving you poor performance in order to diagnose further.  Also things like what screen resolution you are using, etc.

Offline Yurka_Maku

• Newbie Mark III
  • Tiny Patchy
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 07:37:07 pm »
i can tell you that, because its more than once instance, I'm using 1080p widescreen, and it gets its worse durring the Anachronisms missions, it lowered to 40fps a quite a few times

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 07:49:05 pm »
Hmm, okay, it may be the entity thing then -- that's a good sign if it's not doing that all the time.  I play on 1080p as well.

Offline Yurka_Maku

• Newbie Mark III
  • Tiny Patchy
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 07:57:05 pm »
(also sorry ahead of time for the second thread, its a separate issue) Oh i forgot to mention i moved all the files from a laptop with Nvidia GPU to an AMD GPU, pardon the lack of information.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 08:06:22 pm »
No worries at all!

Offline Yurka_Maku

• Newbie Mark III
  • Tiny Patchy
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 03:11:21 pm »
a followup on this issue from me, apparently V-sync is affecting it, both fullscreen and windowed.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 03:13:27 pm »
Hmm, that's very odd -- when vsync is on you get this issue?

Offline Yurka_Maku

• Newbie Mark III
  • Tiny Patchy
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 03:46:44 pm »
yes, cant run the game full screen (tearing issues, you know, the usual with 60+fps) but with it in, it lowers to 45fps for some odd reason, but fullscreen and windowed, but windowed, it surpasses twice the average FPS at 125fps steady

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 03:48:12 pm »
It sounds like some form of driver issue, unfortunately -- with that sort of feedback that you're able to get excellent FPS simply by changing the window state like that, it's pretty well out of our hands.  That would be at the level of the Unity 3D engine that this runs in, or more likely at the driver level.

Offline Yurka_Maku

• Newbie Mark III
  • Tiny Patchy
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 03:51:16 pm »
ah, ok, thanks though. atleast it got solved, besides, i dont mind playing in windowed mode regardless if it means performance improvements.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk