Author Topic: Enemies - Only espers?  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Xanirus

• Newbie Mark III
Enemies - Only espers?
« on: April 28, 2012, 09:02:12 pm »
I'm finding that a lot of the enemies I'm facing are all espers.  Like, 90% of the time.  Do enemies change when the tier advances and I"m just spending too much time exploring and not doing missions, or did I bug something?  (Still on continent 1.)

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
Re: Enemies - Only espers?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 09:07:06 pm »
What regions are you looking in? Certain enemies are common in certain regions. Skelebots are common in Ice Age and Skelebot Junkyard regions, rhinos are encountered in grasslands, etc. Espers are common, generally being found in most regions but they shouldn't be dominating.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline Xanirus

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 09:20:43 pm »
Well I just hit Tier 3, and so far it's mostly still espers.  Abandoned towns,  grasslands, deserts, snow.  Well, maybe I get them about 70%.  I get the occasional robots, bats, eagles in forest areas, rhinos and grasslands, but the majority is still espers.   I guess I'm just taking too long to advance, I get too sidetracked exploring.  Maybe I should just go and finish this continent already?  I'm already max upgraded and my spells are adequate.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 09:24:01 pm by Xanirus »

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 05:28:53 am »
Espers are incredibly populated early on.  They're pretty easy kills but I'd say that sounds about right from what I remember.

Kill off a bunch and things will open.  They're basically the early form of target practice.  Toss in the new explosive and ice espers and things are skewed toward them even heavier.

It will get more varied eventually, but you'll always run into a LOT of these.  *shrugs*
... and then we'll have cake.

Offline timtim

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 06:19:52 am »
Has it been confirmed if there'll be a wider variety of enemies as the game gets more updated? I've seen a couple of reviews that said the lack of enemy variety was one of the reason they marked it a little down.

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 01:35:50 pm »
If you change the region you're in you should get a lot of different enemies, but espers are pretty constant.  I do remember at the VERY beginning in the caves my thought was: Is there only robots to kill?  No, wait, I killed that Red Blob, so, there's other stuff (I've never seen another blob, which is kind of wierd, but meh)  and then ran headfirst into the boss bats that I literally couldn't see because they're shadow bats in a dark cave. XD

I would say yes, though, as time goes on and they add more art assets you'll see more models and enemies than espers.
... and then we'll have cake.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 10:47:16 am »
Has it been confirmed if there'll be a wider variety of enemies as the game gets more updated? I've seen a couple of reviews that said the lack of enemy variety was one of the reason they marked it a little down.

Absolutely! We've already added several since 1.0, and we plan to add more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk