Author Topic: Control Bug  (Read 5874 times)

Offline Kyphis

Control Bug
« on: October 15, 2013, 03:12:07 am »
I've been playing AVWW1 for a long while now (96 hours tracked on steam), and have suddenly come across a bug. Whenever I load a world (or create a new one) the [down], [ left], and [attack button 2] keys automatically activate. Its not a keypress response, and I can even input my keyboards normal keypress limit on top of this. I can't get them to turn off.

Worst of all, my main world was loaded out to the world map when it last saved, and I am not able to enter any chunks.

I have tried restarting my computer and repairing the install, however neither has had any effect.

Changing control schemes or individual keypress inputs has no effect, however loading control scheme profiles on the keypress customization window does change which keys are activated (always at least two movement keys, and one attack key)

EDIT: I have since completely uninstalled and re-installed the game, no change. So whatever it is seems to be something going on with my computer o_O. But I can't find anything >.>

EDIT: I have now tried uninstalling and re-installing my keyboard drivers (all of them) - no effect.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:40:34 am by Kyphis »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Control Bug
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 01:20:30 pm »
Hi there -- usually this sort of thing is a gamepad.  If you unbind the gamepad bindings, that would usually solve it.  Not sure why this would suddenly be an issue, but sometimes people have their gamepad upside down resting at an angle when their computer is turned on, and it causes the gamepad to then register this way.

Hoep that helps!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kyphis

Re: Control Bug
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 05:21:28 pm »
Aye, I'm familiar with that sort of thing. Only problem is I haven't had a gamepad plugged in in a long time o_O

Although, this does give me an idea...

EDIT: Wow, can't believe that worked o_O
I plugged in my controller (which hasn't been used for about a week, and I've been playing fine between then and this error), reset my computer, and now it works fine. I haven't even installed the drivers for that controller on this PC, so this is a bit odd... eh, it works :D

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 05:37:42 pm by Kyphis »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk