Author Topic: Character got stuck  (Read 5883 times)

Offline zajbelj

Character got stuck
« on: March 28, 2013, 07:40:43 pm »
Hi I just started playing, and I went into a destroyed room to swap out some skills.  Looking at the area I went to explore it.  I never trust a game that says notihng can be found in an area.  I was running around the room and got stuck.  I can not jump out or anything I am just stuck.  Should I just cut my losses and just start over?  Thanks for your time.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Character got stuck
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 07:43:25 pm »
Is this Valley 1?  It sounds like you managed to slide under an overhang or similar?  You may be able to duck and slide out.

That said, there's never a need to start over -- in the escape menu there's a way to just abandon that character and get a new one in your existing world.  Happens anyway when your character dies, so no big loss! ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline zajbelj

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 08:38:53 pm »
It is Valley 1.  Sorry for not being specific.  Yes it looks like it is an overhang that I got under.  How do you slide?  I have been trying to jump out and it does not work.  So far the game seems fun I just want to get unstuck.  Thank you for your time.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 08:42:06 pm »
Generally you can duck, then jump and stop ducking, repeatedly.  Rather like in Mario 1.  It's unusual to get stuck, unless you have something on that gives you the powerslide ability (which is very possible).  In those cases, you have to be careful not to slide into small holes.  Usually if you do, the best option is just to abandon character and keep going -- you don't lose your equipment or anything like that, and character death is a normal and natural part of Environ, heh.

Glad you're enjoying it besides this!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk