Author Topic: Buy here, register on Steam?  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Asterai

Buy here, register on Steam?
« on: April 27, 2012, 04:20:27 am »
Hi all,

I want to buy this game.  Procedurally generated content and its potential in creative works fascinates me.

I prefer to buy straight from the creators if possible because otherwise something like 30% goes to the retailer.  However, I do appreciate the amenities provided by Steam, notably the ability to download and play from anywhere with minimal hassle.  I play my games from up to four different computers, depending on the circumstances.

Is it possible to buy here, on the Arcen Games website, and activate the game on Steam without getting strange side effects?

Many thanks.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
Re: Buy here, register on Steam?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 06:21:55 am »
Yes and no. You can buy it here and activate it on Steam via the key you get from Arcen. However, Valve is somewhat busy and/or slacking at the moment, so the keys have yet to be entered into the system. So if you buy from Arcen, you'll likely have to wait a bit before activating it on Steam. Us alpha/beta testers are currently eagerly waiting for Steam to redeem our keys too :/

More info in this thread.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 08:19:12 am »
What he said ^^^^^. :)

Offline Penumbra

• Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 11:09:29 am »
I do appreciate the amenities provided by Steam, notably the ability to download and play from anywhere with minimal hassle.  I play my games from up to four different computers, depending on the circumstances.
While the Steam integration will have to wait a little, Arcen already supports great portability. Just remember your key, and the installer will work anywhere. It's even self updating!

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 12:58:12 pm »
I do appreciate the amenities provided by Steam, notably the ability to download and play from anywhere with minimal hassle.  I play my games from up to four different computers, depending on the circumstances.
While the Steam integration will have to wait a little, Arcen already supports great portability. Just remember your key, and the installer will work anywhere. It's even self updating!

And, if you do buy it from us, and you happen to lose your key. You still aren't lost. Just e-mail us and we can resend it to ya! :)

Offline Asterai

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 04:18:46 pm »
Alright, thanks guys.  Time to go buy stuff!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk