Author Topic: [AVWW1] Dungeon map bug (keeps spawning map over the ability bar)  (Read 7734 times)

Offline ChrisHateZ

So Iv'e been playing the game for over 11 hours now, and this started happening just now.

When I enter a region the dungeon map spawns over the ability bar. If I however enter a building then dungeon map spawns in the bottom right corner like it should. Once I get back outside the dungeon map spawns over ability bar again.

I used the controls to move the dungeon map back to the bottom right of the screen, but when I enter a new area the dungeon maps goes back to the left over the ability bar again -.-"

I tried re-scaling the dungeon map too and then moving it, doesn't help. Sometimes after few tries the map stays in the bottom right for a while, but then again after I change few locations it goes back over the ability bar.

Version of the game: 1.200

This irritates me to the point of making the game unplayable so please any help will be appreciated. Is there any way to lock the dungeon map so there is no way it will move?

Offline ChrisHateZ

Re: [AVWW1] Dungeon map bug (keeps spawning map over the ability bar)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 05:30:49 am »
Posted this 17 days ago and still no reply from anyone =/

I updated the game with some beta update today, didn't help.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 10:10:36 am »
Sorry, I wasn't trying to ignore it, I just didn't know what would cause that and figured Chris or Josh would reply.

Anyway:

1) What resolution are you running?

2) By "dungeon map", you mean the map of the individual nodes within a dungeon, as opposed to the dungeons within the overall region (region = 1 square on world map)?

3) Do you have a case where this happens reliably?  That is, where loading the game (and possibly going through a door or whatever) shows the dungeon map showing way further to the left than it should?

Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline ChrisHateZ

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 11:12:29 am »
Sorry, I wasn't trying to ignore it, I just didn't know what would cause that and figured Chris or Josh would reply.

Anyway:

1) What resolution are you running?

2) By "dungeon map", you mean the map of the individual nodes within a dungeon, as opposed to the dungeons within the overall region (region = 1 square on world map)?

3) Do you have a case where this happens reliably?  That is, where loading the game (and possibly going through a door or whatever) shows the dungeon map showing way further to the left than it should?

1) 1680x1050 Fullcreen

2)

3) Not really. Like I said it worked perfectly fine for first 10 hours or so and then all of a sudden it started happening everywhere all the time.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 11:14:07 am by ChrisHateZ »

Offline ChrisHateZ

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 08:05:14 am »
I unistalled the game today via steam and then i deleted all files from the AVWW folder (took a backup of my save folder). Then i downloaded and installed the game again, and of course put my save back. Still getting the same problem.

I really don't know what to do anymore. I really like the game and I want to play it, but this bug is too annoying.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 08:11:02 am »
Ok, sorry for the delay, it's been a while since we've done much with this game. But, I found it.

There is a control to move your dungeon map around, it defaults to left control+the arrow keys.  If that doesn't move it, then look through you key bindings to see what it is.

Offline ChrisHateZ

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 11:03:50 am »
Ok, sorry for the delay, it's been a while since we've done much with this game. But, I found it.

There is a control to move your dungeon map around, it defaults to left control+the arrow keys.  If that doesn't move it, then look through you key bindings to see what it is.

I know about that. I said I did that in my first post, quote: "I used the controls to move the dungeon map back to the bottom right of the screen, but when I enter a new area the dungeon maps goes back to the left over the ability bar again".

That's why I'm so annoyed. I have to move the map back to the right everytime I enter a new area or whenever I enter and leave a building.

I wish there was an option to lock the dungeon map so nothing can move it anymore. Everything else that I tried doesn't help, it keeps jumping back over the ability bar.

Offline HunterZ

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 04:01:08 pm »
I'm having a similar issue, except that the dungeon map is in the correct place (lower right) but the region map has shifted to always be in the lower middle of the screen (partially obscuring the ability bar/menus).

If I move the dungeon map around, the region map moves relative to it, but that doesn't help for two reasons:

1. I would have to move the dungeon map off the right edge of the screen to get the region map out of the way of the ability bar.
2. As soon as I toggle the region map off and back on, it jumps back to the middle of the screen regardless of where the dungeon map is positioned.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk