One-Hit-Point Wonder

(1/3) > >>

Nethellus:
Consider the following build:

Century: Wild Garden Age
Health: 45
Attack: 205%
Mana: 50 + 10 upgrades = 261

It sound insane, right? One hit (more or less) and you're dead, but not if you put on a conserving mind enchant and start using shields. With the mana regeneration this character has it should be able to keep a shield up permanently, ignoring its own health completely and use mana instead for defense, and the great thing about mana is that it is limitless and regenerates in a few seconds, something that health does not do.

This build makes most enemies quite easy. Forget about dodging, with a permanent level 5 shield you're a 45 hit point tank, and with enough damage reduction, the shield will not need to be reset as often either. The only problem is that if you make a single mistake while toggling the shield on and off, you're dead. And with the recent enchantment nerf, getting enough damage reduction will be difficult I think.

But if you can live with that, consider windstorms. They drain your health until it reaches 1 point but this build doesn't even care. 1 health or 45 makes no difference when you'll be taking 0 damage.

A wild Environ appeared!
Environ used Windstorm!
It's not very effective...

nanostrike:
How does the Shield work for other elements?

I thought a Fire Shield would only block Fire damage?  Maybe I'm confused on shield mechanics.

Terraziel:

--- Quote from: nanostrike on May 07, 2012, 11:40:53 am ---How does the Shield work for other elements?

I thought a Fire Shield would only block Fire damage?  Maybe I'm confused on shield mechanics.

--- End quote ---

Shields get a ?25%? bonus for their element type.

So a Fire Shield can block 100 points of water damage before failing, but can block 125 points of fire damage.

That said I'm not sure how they do that, i think they probably cut incoming fire damage by 25%

Nethellus:
Now, if you're having problems with monsters doing too much damage and breaking through your shield, you need not worry any more for I just found a hilarious exploit that boosts your shield to take hundreds of thousands of damage. I'm not kidding.

If you enter a journey to perfection mission you will notice that the magical power of all your spells have been boosted through the roof to be able to kill all enemies in one hit. This boost also affect your shields, making them pretty much impenetrable if you activate them inside such a mission.

So what you do is you go in, activate the shield, go out again and enjoy your new 200.000 damage reducing shield that will last as long as you want it to if you never turn it off. So feel free to kill boss gangs, clear umbra vortices or why not spank the overlord to death with clinging fetor level 1. =)

EDIT: I've reported this exploit and it looks like it will be fixed in the next patch, so enjoy it while it lasts. =)

khadgar:
Ah, so that explains what happened! I knew that JtP missions boosted shields, but I never realized that the effect persisted outside of the mission. A fellow member of the server I play on once noted that my shield strength was listed in the tens of thousands of points. I couldn't figure out why, or how to replicate it. It all makes sense now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version