Author Topic: Ghostly Heart  (Read 8009 times)

Offline Mongoose

Ghostly Heart
« on: September 12, 2013, 02:01:56 am »
So, I'm an extremely new player (have so far defeated a grand total of 1 Lieutenant) and I ran into one of these setting up my latest Wind Shelter.  I saw it had roughly five times more HP than any non-Lieutenant boss I'd fought, was huge, and weak to Entropy, so I picked the spell that fires entropy bolts left and right, and found it wasn't doing any damage.  I forgot to check the boss' level, but it had massive entropy weakness and an armor rating of 10 (compared to my spell's 15 penetration).  I tried pretty much every spell in my repetoire and couldn't deal it any damage, so I just ran.

It's the first creature in the game to completely no-sell my attacks, so I'm just wondering what I'm missing.  Is there some special tactic required to fight them?  Am I just still way too low level?

Edit:also is there a way to zoom in the minimap (Chunk Map?)  I'm using a widescreen monitor, and while I don't mind making it bigger, I find it is perfect in large outdoor areas, and a nightmare to try and read in Lava Escape missions when I need it most with my poor eyesight.  :(
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:04:13 am by Mongoose »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Ghostly Heart
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 06:38:00 am »
Welcome to the forums!

For the ghostly heart, to my recollection, I think that's mostly to be avoided rather than fought.

For the chunk minimap zooming, absolutely!  I believe it is the M key, but if not you can see it in the controls edit screens in the settings menu.

Cheers!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk