Author Topic: Server: Wandering Nomads (Closed for now)  (Read 41100 times)

Offline khadgar

• Full Member Mark II
Re: Server: Wandering Nomads
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2012, 07:04:10 pm »
I will build a death-star out of platforms, crates, light orbs, moon lamps, a few bear traps, and other miscellaneous detritus I find around the world.

Offline Zacharyne

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2012, 06:48:49 am »
Anyone having trouble logging into the server?

Command prompt in the top right corner says "Connected", but it just sits on the server list menu.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2012, 08:46:28 am »
I will build a death-star out of platforms, crates, light orbs, moon lamps, a few bear traps, and other miscellaneous detritus I find around the world.
The laser could be a problem (or a full-time job), but I figure a mechanism that drops a few thousand mossy barrels would suffice for the destruction of a planet.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Jayne_Cobb

• Time for some thrilling heroics
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2012, 09:47:57 am »
As I'm relatively new to the multiplayer and fresh on the server, I'll just support
the building of a death star with gathering resources for the villages on the continents,
and upping the tiers, so the overlords don't get the idea to build one of their own.

If there's any special resource gathering to do, I'm glad to help,
even if it's not for building a death star. ;-)

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2012, 04:40:36 pm »
Anyone having trouble logging into the server?

Command prompt in the top right corner says "Connected", but it just sits on the server list menu.

People seem to be getting on just fine.  Are you still having trouble?
... and then we'll have cake.

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2012, 04:42:02 pm »
On a side note... Wanderer #320, errr, LOL.  Really dude? XD  Please note I'm Wanderer #1 for any future reference or silliness this person might bring.  I see no reason to heavy hand it unless he starts trying to pretend he owns the server or something.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2012, 06:03:32 pm »
On a side note... Wanderer #320, errr, LOL.  Really dude? XD  Please note I'm Wanderer #1 for any future reference or silliness this person might bring.  I see no reason to heavy hand it unless he starts trying to pretend he owns the server or something.
Maybe I need to add an admin command for teleport_player_to_overlord or teleport_player_to_bottom_of_ocean ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2012, 05:08:42 pm »
Had to bounce the server due to another 0/negative hit point main boss not dying.

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2012, 12:34:58 am »
Server bounced to 1.013.

Offline nanostrike

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2012, 02:15:07 am »
Any way I can get Glyph Transfer permission on the server?  I like to run have a couple characters that I switch between and being stuck to one is pretty limiting.

Also, I wasn't saying that the griefing stuff wasn't already being taken care of by server settings.  I was just posting the griefing that I'd seen on random, not-permission'd up servers.  Overall, griefing in the game isn't too bad, seeing as how it's Co-Op and all, and most rewards/enchants are shared.

Most of the "Griefing" I see is completely unintentional: A player wants/needs something in a mission for a spell and ends up kicking the continent up a tier before anyone is ready.

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2012, 10:50:48 am »
Any way I can get Glyph Transfer permission on the server?  I like to run have a couple characters that I switch between and being stuck to one is pretty limiting.
No, the idea being that noone can take the survivors that others are counting on out of the encampment.  Sorry.

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2012, 09:01:29 pm »
Server bounced for a version update.  1.016 is active.

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2012, 11:57:06 pm »
Heh, not sure how long the server was down while I was on vacation but my guess is the entire time from my reboot logs.

Since apparently noone was concerned about it however, I'm going to let Wandering Nomads drop.  If anyone wants the world file to continue hosting it we'll figure out a way to get it to you.

Offline 7foot_sativa

• Newbie Mark II
Re: Server: Wandering Nomads (Closed for now)
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2012, 12:45:59 am »
I remember your server had about 8 or 10 unlisted achievements, do you know what you did to get them?

Will you move to another server and play there?

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
Re: Server: Wandering Nomads (Closed for now)
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2012, 01:32:05 am »
I remember your server had about 8 or 10 unlisted achievements, do you know what you did to get them?

Will you move to another server and play there?

Clueless as to the achievements. There were over 360 players on WN by the #'s counts, though I'd say there were 40 actives or so.  I should mention part of the reason I started the server was to allow for MP testing through Beta as well as my own amusement, so it's possible some of those were from Beta.

No, I most likely won't continue to play.  I've gotten my money's worth out of the game and there's other things I'd prefer to play coming out, of which two are Warlock and Diablo III, and I want to get back into AI War.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:34:59 am by Wanderer »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk