Author Topic: [MAP]: Variety Pack 5  (Read 13140 times)

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: [MAP]: Variety Pack 5
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 09:10:47 am »
Pics of the rooms, I suppose.

Well, if it's that, no, I don't. I don't have time to make such things either, but they do all make it into the game. :)

Offline Kinasin

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 04:42:23 pm »
Pics of the rooms, I suppose.

Well, if it's that, no, I don't. I don't have time to make such things either, but they do all make it into the game. :)

Are you benmif? I was simply asking why there isn't examples of the levels made to to see if someone wants to implement it into their game before hand.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 04:45:40 pm »
Are you benmif?
No, BenMiff has to be like 10 people to make all those maps. (kidding, BenMiff is the original poster of this thread)

And when it comes to this set of rooms you'll be seeing in the game as soon as we get around to incorporating them into official build :)  For user-created rooms in general it would be up to each individual creator whether they wanted to take the time to make preview images or not.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 04:47:11 pm »
Are you benmif?
No, BenMiff has to be like 10 people to make all those maps. (kidding, BenMiff is the original poster of this thread)

And when it comes to this set of rooms you'll be seeing in the game as soon as we get around to incorporating them into official build :)  For user-created rooms in general it would be up to each individual creator whether they wanted to take the time to make preview images or not.

FYI, this current set is already in the game on our end. So, with the next beta release, these will be in the game.

Offline BenMiff

• Map Maker Mk V
  • Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 03:20:06 am »
Honestly, I don't see the need for preview images; the files are pretty small, and you can see what they look like quite easily in the map editor (or once you know the letter codes better, by just looking at the text files).

Also, I'm nowhere near half the maps yet; there's 1017 maps (including this pack) currently, and I've only done 428 maps, so Variety Pack 7 will be the half-the-maps-pack if no-one else submits a load of maps. ^^

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 08:05:22 am »
~400 maps out of ~1000 is pretty close to half. You're only ~100 off.

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 09:32:08 am »
Awesome. Is there any pics of all this in action or a vid?  ;)

------------------------------------
-________H____________-
-.................H......................-
-WWWWWHWWWWWWW-
------------------------------------

;D

Offline Kinasin

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 08:17:56 pm »
Are you benmif?

Are you benmif?

FYI, this current set is already in the game on our end. So, with the next beta release, these will be in the game.
Honestly, I don't see the need for preview images; the files are pretty small, and you can see what they look like quite easily in the map editor (or once you know the letter codes better, by just looking at the text files).

Also, I'm nowhere near half the maps yet; there's 1017 maps (including this pack) currently, and I've only done 428 maps, so Variety Pack 7 will be the half-the-maps-pack if no-one else submits a load of maps. ^^

Aw, ok.

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 08:35:01 pm »
~400 maps out of ~1000 is pretty close to half. You're only ~100 off.

200 more. If he makes 100 more he will have 500/1100. With 200 more he will have 600/1200.  :)
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 09:07:45 pm »
Well, thats why I used the tildy tilde key of tilding. I was less far off than being specific. ;)

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2012, 07:16:34 pm »

Bahaha, you talk like 428 maps isn't significant.
Your work's totally awesome. Game got a little stale, I looked at the maps, only to find that if I just download the next beta I'll have 200ish more maps anyway. Bam, everything's all perfect again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk