General Category > AVWW Brainstorming

Working of shields

<< < (2/4) > >>

goodgimp:
Honestly I think shields would also work well with the Heat mechanic discussed in the mana thread as well. They could provide mitigation until they overload and shut down, then you need to wait through a cooldown to charge them back up.

Hyfrydle:
I only used shields once when they were first patched in since then I've found them not much use. This may be just for my style of play but I would certainly welcome some kind of shield mechanic that improves on the current version.

Hearteater:
We'll probably need to re-evaluate once the projectile speeds are changed.  That being said, I think I'd prefer something closer to Ikaruga in design, where the shields are awesome against one element, but make you very susceptible to the other.  Although not as extreme as Ikaruga and not always on.  Say a water shield might last two seconds and absorb up to 4000 water damage, but increase fire damage taken by 100%.

x4000:
It's something I have some interest in changing up a bit, but not yet; there's too many other things that need to change first in the next week or two, and then this can be better reevaluated in light of what is essentially a very different game by then, heh. :)

keith.lamothe:

--- Quote from: x4000 on December 06, 2011, 04:28:05 pm ---It's something I have some interest in changing up a bit, but not yet; there's too many other things that need to change first in the next week or two, and then this can be better reevaluated in light of what is essentially a very different game by then, heh. :)

--- End quote ---
Yea, it's necessary to do a lot of simultaneous changes right now because of timeline and there just being a lot of things that we want to do differently, but we don't have to gratuitously pile on to the list of simultaneous redesigns :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version