placing them as warnings eg. a gravestone before a sector containing acid water, would be good
"I did not chance to find this mans name, but I found his body among those of many slain monsters..."
- warning of monster rich area (yes, AVWW needs serious sam style monster arenas
"Here lie the shattere remains of Jeon Richards, who did not realise the added consequences of gravity here"
- warning that lava flats have fall damage
- when read, the gravestone turns into a vengeful ghost
"I carve with my last breath, dig within for what I died for"
- gravestone that supplies loot when destroyed
"My name. is vengst.I found no-one.only darkness. alone."
- found in deep dark cave
"Here lay the remains of Bill McGrath, who did not realise the infernal nature of these skull totems until much too late."
- found near monster spawns
"I am watching you"