General Category > AVWW Brainstorming

The Dialogue Thread!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Coppermantis:
@Bluddy I think the bronze-age people shouldn't have primitive dialogue. Bronze age is generally ancient Greece, a civilization that produced many great thinkers. the Stone age is more reminiscent of what you seem to be thinking of.

Endymion:
For a slightly better explanation of time periods there's
http://christophermpark.blogspot.com/2011/08/new-character-concept-art-for-avww-and.html
I'm not sure if there's a better one anywhere. Anyway there isn't really that much information to go on so this is kind of hard.

Ice Age
Curious about the situation and slightly glad that at least the ice age is over.
"It's finally starting to get a bit warmer"
Confirming details about other time periods ie. "I've heard X, was it really so?"
"What was person X like, did he really do Y?"

Contemporary
"Those clothes look silly"
"My gameboy broke what am I supposed to do now?"(replace gameboy with whatever fits)

Industrial Revolution
Try to make the most of the situation on and to adopt as much of the tech from later time periods as possible.
"Hey can you tell me how does that work?"
"That armour looks heavy, want me to make something more useful out of it?"
"I built this really cool lamp that changes color according to season, want one?"

Pre Industrial
Believe themselves to be most civilised
Try to maintain logical and calm view on things.
"Why in the world would someone wear something like that?"
"This world is absolutely dreadful! There's barely anyone intelligent to talk to."
"Such a brute, please try to be at least a little careful."

Medieval Era
Used to everyone having armour so might accidentally hurt people without them.
Probably most used to combat out of all time periods.
Disgusted by the softer time periods after them but respect the older ones.
"We shall overcome this horrible curse!"
"This is nothing compared to that time when..."
"I'm surprised someone so weak managed to even crawl out of his mother's womb."

Bronze Age
Probably can relate to people in Time of Magic somewhat
What do they think about people wearing armor?
Confused by the current situation.
Probably amazed by all the lovely new things.
"Wow these machines are great."

Time of Magic
Care a lot about how strong people are at magic.
Glad to be in the current situation to test their abilities and strength.
Scoff at people relying on anything except themselves.
"Hmph can't you even take care of yourself?"
"Machines may break but my magic will not."
"I will survive this."
"Your magic is strong/weak."
"Rely on no one but yourself."
"At least I know that I won't be the first to die with all these weaklings around."

Oh wait these were supposed to be among other NPC from same period weren't they, so some of these won't fit that well.

Bluddy:

--- Quote from: Coppermantis on February 02, 2012, 06:28:49 pm ---@Bluddy I think the bronze-age people shouldn't have primitive dialogue. Bronze age is generally ancient Greece, a civilization that produced many great thinkers. the Stone age is more reminiscent of what you seem to be thinking of.

--- End quote ---

Yep. Total brain fart there. Thanks for correcting me.

tigersfan:
Thanks guys! I'll leave it to Chris to answer some of the questions, as he knows what he's looking for better than I do. But I'll put the specific examples into the game once I get the Getting Started Guide updated!

Dizzard:
The way I'd see the npcs from the "age of magic" is that they were a people more in tune with magic and nature.

So while other time periods may still believe in magic and practice it in small circles (on a god level or otherwise) those from the age of magic widely practice it and it was more like an everyday thing they embraced and was an integral part of their lifestyle and culture.

I see them as somewhat more relaxed and comfortable in their magic abilities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version