Author Topic: So with the tier changes...  (Read 2945 times)

Offline WolfWhiteFire

• Full Member Mark II
So with the tier changes...
« on: October 21, 2016, 07:12:54 pm »
So now there are these different bonuses for the tiers, and with update 11 chris said that all tiers $25 and up get skyward collapse and bionic dues keys. Does that include the early bird early access backer tier? That is the tier I am at right now, and it doesn't show either of those as a bonus. Also how come the new $25 tier you added gives mk1 backer title when the other $25 tier gives mk2? That just seems kind of weird.

Offline WolfWhiteFire

• Full Member Mark II
Re: So with the tier changes...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 07:15:38 pm »
I just noticed that it also doesn't show those rewards for the $30 early access tier.

Offline tadrinth

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 08:00:21 pm »
Similar question: if I have the $40 early bird version of the $50 tier, does that include the soundtrack? 

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 08:45:23 pm »
Good questions!  I've added these to the FAQ:

Q: If I have the $40 early bird version of the $50 tier, does that include the soundtrack?

A: Apologies, but no -- in that instance it's a case of literally being at the $50 mark to get the soundtrack. We should have made the soundtrack at $51 or something, but that just gets confusing. Blah! Again, sorry about that confusion.

Q: How come some same-value tiers have different backer badge levels?

A: That... is completely our bad. It gets really complex to maintain all that, and we slipped up in a couple of places on that in specific. We were focused so hard on making the core meat of it correct that those slipped through.

In all of those instances, you'll actually get the higher backer badge and credits listing, not the lower one noted on the reward tier itself.

On that note: if we ever somehow make that mistake in reverse, we will honor whatever the backer tier says. We'll never downgrade you, we'd only upgrade you to fix our mistake.

Q: How come various backer tiers don't show some of the rewards that they have?

A: For instance:
1. Most tiers $50 and up don't show the soundtrack.
2. Most tiers $25 and up don't show Bionic Dues and Skyward Collapse.
3. Most tiers $35 and up don't show AI War Classic and its expansions.
4. Most tiers $60 and up don't show The Last Federation and its expansions.

Those rewards ARE applied to all tiers at or above the dollar amounts shown there. However, kickstarter doesn't allow for any edits to backer tiers that someone has already chosen, and so we can't edit them to insert these in.

We're talking to them to see if they can do that from their end (I totally see why those should be read-only in case we tried to sneak one past on you taking something out, but in terms of adding new stuff that only adds clarity).

As to the core of the "why," the reason is that these were late additions as rewards we had not planned on offering. We planned out these reward tiers for like a month and a half with the help of our community, and yet even so we've wound up having to make some substantial additions post-launch of the campaign. The good thing is that there isn't anything we regret having added, so it's only been a "wow we regret not having added that sooner, and now it's a bit confusing," which is the better of the two problems we suppose.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline WolfWhiteFire

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 08:55:50 pm »
Huh, I didn't know it can't be edited, that explains it. So, for clarity, I will get Bionic Dues and Skyward Collapse even though they aren't shown, right? Also thanks for the quick response, I only posted this about a hour ago at most, I didn't expect a response until tomorrow, but for some reason I kept checking anyways.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 12:18:15 pm »
Yes you will get those -- sorry for my slow response this time!  Man I am torn in a million directions at once right now.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline WolfWhiteFire

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 04:01:34 pm »
No problem, I was about 99% sure the answer was yes, but wanted to get rid of that 1%.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 10:46:25 pm »
wanted to get rid of the 1%.

Don't we all ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk