Author Topic: Forum organization!  (Read 7447 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Forum organization!
« on: September 23, 2016, 10:20:59 am »
Okay, whew.  Things were getting really unruly in terms of the number of sprawling threads that were getting hard to keep track of.  I noticed a lot of threads would kind of get lost in terms of not getting much discussion just because they fell far down the page in one of the big catch-all style subforums here, or in the main AIW2 subforum.

On a suggestion to look into this sooner than later from Misery, I've now split this into a variety of by-topic subsections.  I tried to not create too many, though, because I remember back in the pre-mantis days of AI War Classic, we had dozens of nested subforums and that was just as big a mess.  Hopefully this strikes a good middle-ground.

It's also possible that some of the topics are in the wrong location.  Please feel free to use the "report to moderators" function to let us know about that.  We won't view those reports as being "I'm tattling on x user" or whatever.  In a lot of cases I'm actually the one that put it in the wrong place at the moment, thanks to a mis-click or adding another category belatedly or whatever.

Thanks! :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Forum organization!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 10:46:50 am »
Wow, just seeing these split up and noting the number of topics still in each one really shows just how active this forum section has been so far.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Forum organization!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 10:47:18 am »
Yeah, especially compared to a number of the other subforums!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk