Author Topic: Quick release alert: 0.121 Ship Batch 2 of 7: 16 Ships!  (Read 3485 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Quick release alert: 0.121 Ship Batch 2 of 7: 16 Ships!
« on: April 26, 2017, 02:20:09 pm »
Just so you know, this is now out: https://wiki.arcengames.com/index.php?title=AI_War_2:Earlier_Than_Early_Alpha#Version_0.121_Ship_Batch_2_of_7:_16_Ships.21

This one is 100% Keith, and you can really see how things are speedy on the new-ships front now that the invisible underlying work he was doing is now done.

I know there are some other existing bugs out right now, but we'll get to those in the next week or two at the slowest.  Just trying to juggle things at the moment, and we're still in that pre-Early-Access alpha phase, as you know.  Although Early Access is coming up fast -- only about a month left!  I'm excited. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
Re: Quick release alert: 0.121 Ship Batch 2 of 7: 16 Ships!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 02:27:16 pm »
I know there are some other existing bugs out right now, but we'll get to those in the next week or two at the slowest.

Arcen: Tiny team of people making an enormous game. Is able to add a ton of new features, fix a bunch of bugs, and completely change the graphics style of the original in less time than it takes bigger developers to push out a modestly sized bug path.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if all you guys are is a giant neural network that has almost infinite computing power.
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 02:31:51 pm »
We're very specialized in a certain set of things, and we don't have any bureaucracy to plunge through.  The slowdowns happen when we're doing a lot of R&D stuff and underestimate how long it will take us to come up with new ideas nobody has thought of before (or, in some cases, if we can even come up with said ideas at all -- we've failed before).
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 04:59:12 pm »
Well, the goal of the build at this point is for testing, not for "really playing". And none of the extant bugs are preventing us from testing; the worst of them go away by tabbing to the galaxy and back, and the others have easier workarounds or are just visual. So far so good! 

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 06:52:31 pm »
That's the spirit I've been approaching it in, too. :)

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 09:39:02 am »
Just to be clear, we can't really interact with the Ruined Network Nodes yet, right? I built one but I don't see any hacking menus or anything become available. Or do they just generate hacking points without any further interaction?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 11:23:27 am by BadgerBadger »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 04:16:34 pm »
Just to be clear, we can't really interact with the Ruined Network Nodes yet, right? I built one but I don't see any hacking menus or anything become available. Or do they just generate hacking points without any further interaction?
Yea, they should generate points without interaction (same as how science is handled) but you can't do anything with them yet.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 08:27:59 pm »
Yea, they should generate points without interaction (same as how science is handled) but you can't do anything with them yet.
Oh, that needs to change then. :P (I know it will)

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 04:25:09 pm »
Looks like .122 is starting to come together with some cool new features! I'm looking forward to getting a change to play with it (especially the bit where you can customize your starting techs). How close do we think we are to releasing it? Are we waiting for some additional features?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 04:32:18 pm »
Keith finished his batch #3, which you can see on there.  Cinth is working on wiring up actual graphics for the various ships, which he has mostly completed. That's pretty much the only remaining thing on this one, to my knowledge. :)

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 04:41:42 pm »
You mean no more vague flying rocks shooting me with lasers? That was starting to grow on me too ;-)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 04:49:45 pm by BadgerBadger »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 05:06:03 pm »
You mean no more vague flying rocks shooting me with lasers? That was starting to grow on me too ;-)
One slight reskin later...

100,000 MkV Tribbles to Murdoch in 02:16
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 05:10:03 pm »
The most adorable death ever!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 07:54:22 pm »
Ahaha. :D

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 10:05:23 pm »
Unrelated note: There are still some definite lerping weirdnesses out that, as I'm sure you know. Is there anything we can do to provide you better debugging data or something? Or are there still a bunch of higher priority things that come first.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 10:27:39 am by BadgerBadger »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk