Author Topic: My feedback after 2 days  (Read 2075 times)

Offline ChaosJunior

My feedback after 2 days
« on: March 30, 2019, 06:16:49 pm »
Hiho,

So I've switched to AI War 2 after playing AI War quite regularly.

I found some good things and some bad things, let's see what I've got =)

Bug?
1. Engineers leaving their position after repairing somewhere else
-> If I place my Engineers under a shield I expect them to return there, as they did in AIW. However very often they simply stay where they last repaired something, most often in the direct attack way of the AI

UI
2. Some/most symbols, especially on star map, are simply childish in my opinion. Maybe I'm too old (39) or I simply see this different, but I liked the symbols in AIW much much much (...) better than in AIW2. My first impression was I'm playing a comic game.
-> Why do I need such HUGE symbols for my own systems? Not only do I know where they are but marking the star lanes with colors is completely enough for me.
-> Why do all (Star)ships have the same symbol, just with a small additional symbol added? I want to have back my different symbols per star ship from AIW!

3. Can the font of system names be changed? It's the same as with the symbols, I feel the font doesn't belong to a RTS but a comic game instead.
-> Also it would be completely sufficient a bit smaller on the galaxy map. When I press CTRL I basically see only huge names everywhere

4. I really do like the band on the right with all items (including quicklink by keyboard), so I don't have to search a lab or dock manually anymore! :)

5. Explosions not visible in higher zoom
-> I normally zoom out on a planet to see all/most of it to keep the overview. Unfortunately in this view I often see no explosion at all. This doesn't only make the battle look dull end empty but also leads to me not knowing if my nearly-dead ship made it through the wormhole or not.

6. Cloaking is not visible. In AIW I had this nice hard-to-miss blue circle around every cloaked unit. Now I have - nothing?
-> It's hard to see which unit is cloaked. This is especially true for new starters who don't know each ship type which is able to cloak at all.

7. Show details of currently pressed key for mouse-actions.
-> In AIW there was an info shown "X pressed, V pressed" and so on. Not only would this help but it could be even better to show the meaning of the pressed key instead. I.e. CTRL builds 5 units at once.

8. Visibility on the galaxy map of incoming waves
-> In AIW systems with incoming waves blinked red, here nothing is visible on the map.

Sound
9. Is it possible to change the settings for shots and explosions to be audible also on high zoom? I watch a system on heavy fighting and only get the quiet background music. This simply doesn't feel right. Chaning the shot settings doesn't help, as from a certain zoom point the sound is muted.

10. Same as above for wormhole travels (also from galaxy map)...

Maybe some of the above points are already adressed, I must admit I didn't read through the whole forum :)

Please bear in mind, even when most of my points were "something to make better" I generally like this game - just not as much as I like AIW so far.

BIG pro point: Shown the relative strength of player buildings, fleet and AI everywhere instead of simple ship numbers!

Cheers
Chaos
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 03:39:22 am by ChaosJunior »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk