Author Topic: Music  (Read 3839 times)

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Music
« on: February 07, 2017, 09:07:04 pm »
I'm just curious what the intended timeline is for Pablo's music work is. I'm assuming it's going to be done much closer to the actual release date in October, but it would be nice to know for sure what the agenda is.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Music
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 09:12:23 pm »
I expect it will be sooner than that, but I'm not sure -- I will pass on this question to him.  Stay tuned! :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline PVega8

• Arcen Games Composer
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 09:31:01 am »
It's on my schedule to start composing the 2nd week of March! So, it'll be much sooner than October. My hope is to be done and Mastering by June. The things that will take time will be coordinating musicians, choirs, etc. But I would look for a completed OST in the summer.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Squashyhex

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 07:10:52 pm »
Can hardly wait :D
"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Star Ship Enterprise. It's continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilisations; to boldly go where no one has gone before."

Offline MHB

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 12:44:15 pm »
out of curiosity then, i guess that there will be only sounds in the alpha?
I am actually a servant of the AI

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 01:37:19 pm »
We have a few tracks that were originally slated for Stars Beyond Reach that we're using here instead, so there's already some extra music that nobody but the alpha players from SBR has ever heard. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 02:43:17 pm »
Cool! I look forward to hearing them.

On an unrelated note, are we still looking to be able to get a video this week with some new gameplay? I'm excited to see how it's looking now!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 03:16:37 pm »
I'll definitely have a video showing some things off. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk