Author Topic: AI War 2 v0.750 Released! "My Friend The Marauder"  (Read 3143 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AI War 2 v0.750 Released! "My Friend The Marauder"
« on: July 13, 2018, 07:56:42 pm »
Release notes here.

Lots of happiness in this one!  So first, a picture for you:

I have absolutely hated how the forcefields looked in this game ever since the start.  I've kept working on new versions, but never was happy with them.  Thanks to work by Oranged Keys, we've finally got a version that makes me go ooh!  As a good forcefield should.

Anyhow, that's just a minor cosmetic thing.  What really matters in this release?

• First off, BearPerson took a dive into our code and fixed the multithreading issue, as well as providing a lot of feedback on what our actual problem is.  That provides an excellent point for Keith to take the baton on this one.  Super huge thanks to BearPerson.

• Secondly, Badger has made it so that Marauders, which we talked about the coolness of last release, can now be friendly to you, and there can be multiple factions of them.  In short, your galaxy can get darn busy with the goings and comings of these ruffians, which is super cool.

• On my end, I finally finished the framework for DrawMeshInstanced, and have gotten that applied to shots, which now take only a fraction of the time they used to.  This not only uses a more efficient way of drawing, but it also uses SIMD off your processor for more efficient math tracking the position updates for your shots.  Ships are coming soon on this front!  Battles will run a lot faster after that, and they already run a bit faster (shots were already way more efficient than ships even prior to now).

• And then there is just a huge laundry list of other things.  Some of the highlights:

• Randomness should be more random.

• Cross Planet Attacks should actually work now.

• Reprisal waves don't happen so early in the game now, and got a nerf in general.

• A few parts of the GUI are now more efficient.

• Dark Spire are now fixed up quite a bit and probably work, but feedback is desired.

Not bad for two days.

Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page.  If you follow us there, you'll be notified about any game releases we do.

Enjoy!

Chris
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Ovalcircle

• Meh
Re: AI War 2 v0.750 Released! "My Friend The Marauder"
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 10:42:14 pm »
Wow. That was a fast update.
Winning a game of AI War provides me with a sense of pride and accomplishment.

THE TRUE POWER OF THE AI

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 06:40:36 pm »

HNNNG! DAT SHIELD.
??🧡💛💚💙💜

(Edit: the "heart" emoji converts to "??" while "orange heart" is too new and displays as a box, but yellow, green, blue, and purple are fine??)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 06:43:08 pm by Draco18s »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 07:31:57 pm »
Glad you like. :)

It's funny what a difference that makes to the battlefield.  Seeing a large structure like the home command station start poking out of it as it's glowing and taking hits and shrinking is pretty epic, actually.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk