Author Topic: Interplanetary Guns!  (Read 7970 times)

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
Re: Interplanetary Guns!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 10:35:34 am »
Way to go, especially to the folks who raised their pledge at the last minute. I think the interplanetary weapons are in.

They are, it's over by $90 with paypal factored in, according to Chris in the KS comments. He said that we're good unless we have a lot of failed pledges.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 10:56:21 am »
We're good!  Sorry for the confusion on failed pledges: I meant canceled pledges of folks prior to the KS closing.  Now that the KS has closed, we're committed to that regardless of failed pledges.

We built in a certain buffer for failed pledges based on industry averages, so that part doesn't matter (I mean, it matters, but it doesn't affect our ability to stick to what we said. 

TLDR: Unequivocally we've hit interplanetary weapons. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Matruchus

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 10:59:01 am »
Congratulations Chris. I was really biting my nails in the last hour cause of the Interplanetary goal. It really seems the most fun addition after the Spire. Although Nemesis is interesting too but probably more for expierenced players. Hopefully with backerkit that will push enough that the new solar system goal will be breached too later on.

Can't wait for alpha version.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 11:03:32 am »
Thank you!  And yeah, the interplanetary weapons is more exciting for me than the nemesis as a player, too.  So I see your point for sure -- man, we hit that thing in the last 11 minutes of the campaign!

I bet we can pick up the solar systems during the backerkit period, but if not there's always later.  The great thing about how this project is structured is that basically nothing is off the table in terms of us being able to fund it and do it later.  We haven't boxed ourselves into any corners with the design where feature xyz just simply isn't possible anymore.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Atepa

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 11:19:55 am »
Thank you!  And yeah, the interplanetary weapons is more exciting for me than the nemesis as a player, too.  So I see your point for sure -- man, we hit that thing in the last 11 minutes of the campaign!

I bet we can pick up the solar systems during the backerkit period, but if not there's always later.  The great thing about how this project is structured is that basically nothing is off the table in terms of us being able to fund it and do it later.  We haven't boxed ourselves into any corners with the design where feature xyz just simply isn't possible anymore.

Excellent... *tents fingers* module design is always nice for that aspect. When you have your core functions that can just be plugged into with new bits without having to re-work the whole system it makes adding content much quicker, and more importantly cheaper (in most cases)

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 12:04:25 pm »
I meant to check in on things before I left to go protesting, and raise my pledge a few bucks if need, but it looks like it's fine.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2016, 12:11:34 pm »
modular design is always nice for that aspect. When you have your core functions that can just be plugged into with new bits without having to re-work the whole system it makes adding content much quicker, and more importantly cheaper (in most cases)

Indeed, that's a big part of our success in doing lots of large games with relatively small teams in the past.  AI War 2 is an anomaly for us in that we're going back and taking what we learned over 7 years and rebuilding from the ground up.  But as a part of that, we lay the groundwork for even better modularity than we had before (which is a big part of the need for the rework).

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2016, 07:25:44 pm »
Oh I'm confused, the goal is listed as being $97,500, but it was $97,200 that was reached. Not that I'm going to complain if it gets fudge factored up ;)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 07:33:13 pm »
Oh I'm confused, the goal is listed as being $97,500, but it was $97,200 that was reached. Not that I'm going to complain if it gets fudge factored up ;)

We had an additional $411 raised through paypal (as of this moment), which isn't reflected in the kickstarter funds total.  At the time of the kickstarter closing it was about $380 extra from paypal, or thereabouts.

Offline MaxAstro

• Sr. Member Mark II
  • Love, Peace, and Calvinball
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 08:58:41 pm »
Heck yes!  So, so happy.  Finally, a good reason to quote "Stand by, ion cannon...fire!" in AI War.  :P

Super happy for you guys, can't wait to see the game come together.  And also can't wait to try out the Very Dangerous Array...Orbital Ion Cannon...Kostura Cannon...Interplanetary Gun.  :P

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2016, 09:34:30 am »
"Stand by, ion cannon...fire!" would be a great player taunt, come to think of it. :)

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2016, 06:22:52 pm »
"Stand by, ion cannon...fire!" would be a great player taunt, come to think of it. :)

Imagine the sound from the death star powering up from the first movie.
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline WolfWhiteFire

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 06:55:07 pm »
Honestly, I don't think I ever watched the first movie, so I really do have to imagine it.

Offline Squashyhex

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2016, 09:52:11 pm »
Honestly, I don't think I ever watched the first movie, so I really do have to imagine it.

You're missing out :P
https://youtu.be/p0qLzsIhUMk?t=114
"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Star Ship Enterprise. It's continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilisations; to boldly go where no one has gone before."

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2016, 05:30:03 am »

Strange, I don't remember the Death Star being in the first movie. I swear it didn't show up till Episode 4.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk