Author Topic: Having a great time!  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Sintara

Having a great time!
« on: July 10, 2019, 02:50:51 am »
Hey Chris and Volunteers,

I just wanted to thank you for the game. I've enjoyed many campaigns since the early access release, both successful and not. The overall game design is very cool and every iteration has been even better. Even keeping an eye on the forums and discord has been an interesting look into game development. Regardless of how many changes are still to come I think as it stands this is a solid game that I have and will recommend to my friends.

The fleet system is really cool, and I think once the implementation of control over composition is in place it will be exactly what I want. Great job!

Mid-game is not at all a boring void for me. Add a couple factions and hunting astrotrains, antagonizing the dark spire, battling for the dyson sphere, or setting up soft spots for marauders to entrench deep in AI territory make for plenty of challenges and opportunities to weaken the AI and build up strength for the final showdown. As far as I have experienced there is no "netflix time", but I guess my play style is more "guerilla" and less "suicide my fleets over and over".

Keep up the good work but be confident that this is already a gem. Thanks again!

Love from Sweden,
Jason

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: Having a great time!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 11:35:57 am »
Thanks for the kind words!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Having a great time!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 04:27:56 pm »
I meant to reply the other day, but somehow didn't manage to.  Thanks so much for brightening my workday there, for sure -- I'm really glad to hear that things are moving in the right direction, and that you're not running into a bunch of netflix time.

The ability to swap out ship lines between fleets is coming up next week in my list of things, so that should be the last big bit for now in terms of fleet composition, knock on wood.  Lots of QoL improvements still needed, but the list of annoyances is getting happily small. :)

Thanks again!
Chris
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk