Author Topic: Enemy Structures supposed to be not visible on scouted planets?  (Read 2371 times)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Enemy Structures supposed to be not visible on scouted planets?
« on: October 16, 2018, 09:45:01 am »
Is it intended that previously scouted enemy structures are not visible on planets you have previously scouted but don't currently have vision on?

At first I thought this may be intended, but then I noticed I can still see the list of previously scouted structures in the ships tab, and if I click on them, they take the camera to their location (even though no model nor icon is shown on the actual game view), so clearly you still have the identity and positional information. So this seems like an odd omission not to draw them.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:46:55 am by TechSY730 »

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: Enemy Structures supposed to be not visible on scouted planets?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 09:55:40 am »
I'm not sure whether it makes sense to draw the structures, but we at least need improved feedback for "I'm viewing a planet that I don't have any vision of, so I shouldn't expect to see things". Otherwise I could foolishly wind up believing I'm viewing an empty planet instead of one that I just have no vision on.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 11:30:53 am »
Is it just drawing structures, or all the units?

My intent is to draw structures once you've scouted it, like we did in the first game.  I also want to have a more clear fog of war on these planets.  It's on mantis, I just haven't had time to get to it.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 12:05:13 pm »
Is it just drawing structures, or all the units?

Reverse of that, Chris. He's saying it's drawing nothing (and expects buildings like in AIWC)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 12:58:04 pm »
Sorry, I meant in the sidebar, which he was mentioning shows them.  I know the main view shows nothing yet.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 04:59:58 pm »
Right, the sidebar shows the icons, but the main view does not (neither icons nor models)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 08:53:27 pm »
Oh, and yes, the side bar only shows structures, not units, when there is no visibility.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk