Author Topic: Discussion - Moving Force Field Frigate out of default starting fleet  (Read 6837 times)

Offline tadrinth

Re: Discussion - Moving Force Field Frigate out of default starting fleet
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2020, 12:52:47 pm »
If anyone isn't aware, the starting fleets are defined in XML and are quite easy to modify, they're at AI War 2\GameData\Configuration\FleetDesignTemplate\CMP_StartingFleetDesigns.xml

I started up a game on Diff 7 with the starting fleet modded to be V-wings, Pikes, Concussion Corvettes, and Assault Frigates.  Very first planet had a Sabot Guard Post surrounded by Acid Turrets and covered by a force field.  Even with all my ships at Mark I, I was able to kill the Sabot guard post before I lost any of my Assault Frigates (though I did soften it up slightly with some Mark II Concussion Turrets and a Mark II battlestation).  Quite happy with that as a starting fleet!  Most of your offensive tech upgrades also upgrade some form of your defenses: concussion corvettes go with the gravitic battlestation's concussion turrets, pike corvettes go with the pike turrets that all command stations get, and assault frigates go with the stationkeeping assault frigates. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 11:23:44 pm by tadrinth »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk