Author Topic: CTD on swap  (Read 7827 times)

Offline Bob

CTD on swap
« on: April 05, 2020, 03:46:40 pm »
Hi,

first of all I'd like to thank you for all of your hard work on both AW1 and 2 - I've been playing since vanilla AW1 and it's been a blast.

I couldn't find a "tech support" forum for AW2 - there's one for AW1 - so i'm posting here hoping for some help.

In my current campaign I get a CTD whenever I try to swap one of my units (Persuader on my Armored Golem). I've tried to keep on playing, but later on it crashes on swapping other units.

Perhaps there's some workaround for this issue or someone could offer any advice? I've tried swapping the unit between different fleets, both empty and full, loaded and unloaded. I'm having a lot of fun with this campaign and I'd love to finish it.

I'd also be grateful for info if I should move the topic elsewhere

Cheers!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: CTD on swap
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 04:53:21 am »
If this is a bug report on AIW2 then putting it on Mantis (bugtracker.arcengames.com) is the best place to get results. What's a CTD?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 10:54:34 am »
A CTD is a crash to desktop.

If you have a log of the exceptions, that might also help, but on crashes sometimes the full log only goes into the Player.log which can be found via this: https://docs.unity3d.com/2018.1/Documentation/Manual/LogFiles.html

macOS   ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
Windows   C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\CompanyName\ProductName\output_log.txt
Linux   ~/.config/unity3d/CompanyName/ProductName/Player.log
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Bob

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 08:32:58 am »
Thank you for your replies!

@BadgerBadger
just realised how ubiquitous the Mantis link is - and still I managed to miss it!

@x4000
thank you for taking the time to reply!

After some more fiddling I've found a workaround, but I'll post a bug report with Player.log on mantis just in case

In case anyone has a similar problem seems that loading all units  on a transport and swapping from last (lowest) units, with empty only, works fine.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 11:16:40 am »
Thank you for posting the report on mantis!  That's definitely a big bug, and I'll get that fixed up today.  I appreciate it!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 12:43:12 pm »
The fix is now in for the next build: https://bugtracker.arcengames.com/view.php?id=23111

Turns out that if you had a regenerator golem on your planet where you were swapping fleets, it would race you in adding more entities as you deleted them, leading to an endless spiral.  The spiral actually did have an end, but just not within the tolerances of most RAM.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk