Author Topic: Cinth plays around with wormhole graphics.  (Read 2100 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Re: Cinth plays around with wormhole graphics.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:07:31 am »
And that wasn't the latest version!  Anyway, I had though of using some extra effect for visibility, but that's up to Chris (I am not good at getting that sort of stuff done).
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Squashyhex

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 06:26:26 pm »
That sort of design looks like it could be quite cool if done from the top down, especially since that's largely the angle the player sees it from.
"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Star Ship Enterprise. It's continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilisations; to boldly go where no one has gone before."

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 10:01:58 am »
That sort of design looks like it could be quite cool if done from the top down, especially since that's largely the angle the player sees it from.

I was also thinking that angle would be good.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 02:10:04 pm »
Aw, do we get to see what's on the other side if we zoom in close enough?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 03:42:08 pm »
Aw, do we get to see what's on the other side if we zoom in close enough?

Not likely :D  (caveat, it's not up to me)
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline MaxAstro

• Sr. Member Mark II
  • Love, Peace, and Calvinball
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 09:12:13 pm »
I feel like that graphic tinted green would be almost perfect.  ...I just realized that I am really attached to having the wormholes stay green, if at all possible...  xD

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 09:48:37 am »
I just realized that I am really attached to having the wormholes stay green, if at all possible...  xD

I'm right there with you.  I made a number of WIP wormholes that looked amazing but were oranges and reds... shifting them to green always made them look worse, but I just had to.  I think it will be possible to make a green one that looks good, in the end.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk