Author Topic: BackerKit for AI War 2 -- missed the kickstarter? Look here.  (Read 14555 times)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Re: BackerKit for AI War 2 -- missed the kickstarter? Look here.
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2018, 05:06:32 pm »
Okay, done, Email should be the same, it's the same I use everywhere.
Thanks in advance.
And sorry to hear about your loss.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2018, 05:14:31 pm »
including the death of my remain grandfather on this past Wednesday.

Sorry to hear that. I'm down to one myself (grandmother). She turns 101 this year and is currently in good health (aside from being freaking old; most major problem that I'm aware of is that she's got basically every age-related eyesight problem possible).

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2018, 08:25:24 pm »
Okay, done, Email should be the same, it's the same I use everywhere.
Thanks in advance.
And sorry to hear about your loss.

Got you all set up, you should have it in your inbox.  Please let me know if not.  And thanks for the kind words.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2018, 08:29:07 pm »
including the death of my remain grandfather on this past Wednesday.

Sorry to hear that. I'm down to one myself (grandmother). She turns 101 this year and is currently in good health (aside from being freaking old; most major problem that I'm aware of is that she's got basically every age-related eyesight problem possible).

That's fantastic that she's in good health; that's really something that makes all the difference between just existing and actually still being truly alive.  Someone in their mid 90s who was in poor health looked at me very seriously once and said "don't ever get old."  It was a very shocking sort of statement from this person.  It made me realize I really do need to take care of my health now, or I'll just be paying for it later on.  Not that I did anything a few years ago when it was said to me... but at least more recently I've started exercising regularly and so on.

Anyway, my grandfather's health had been deteriorating gradually, then rapidly, then suddenly catastrophically in the last two weeks.  In the main he seemed to have good quality of life until near the end, so that's basically all that I could ask for him.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2018, 12:20:51 pm »
Got the soundtrack, thank you.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2018, 12:22:12 pm »
Sweet!  Glad that worked out.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2018, 12:48:15 pm »
Anyway, my grandfather's health had been deteriorating gradually, then rapidly, then suddenly catastrophically in the last two weeks.  In the main he seemed to have good quality of life until near the end, so that's basically all that I could ask for him.

That'd be the way to go IMO. Generally good, followed by quick and catastrophic failure. Just get it over and done with, with as little pain as possible.

And I wouldn't say that aging like my grandmother is the right way; she is practically blind. She just happens to not have any conditions that keep her bedridden. I suspect most of it is due to her inability to do nothing; she's too stubborn to stay idle. Came over to our house once when I was young and said to my mother (her daughter), "You don't expect me to sit around and do nothin', do you?" Why yes, actually. It's called a vacation.

Anyway, raise a drink and toast to a life well lived.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2018, 01:21:15 pm »
Indeed, cheers to that.  And your grandmother sounds like she was and probably still is a force to be reckoned with.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk