Author Topic: BackerKit for AI War 2 -- missed the kickstarter? Look here.  (Read 14566 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: BackerKit for AI War 2 -- missed the kickstarter? Look here.
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 09:50:22 am »
Cheers!  Thanks for your support -- you can actually do that via here: http://arcengames.com/ai-war-2-kickstarter-paypal-at-last/

Thank you very much! Don't know how I missed that.

No problem!

Hey Chris. I saw the email for the kickstarter but i was deployed at the time and i just barely made it in time to drop some money on the backerkit page. any chance itll be around in maybe may 30th? Id love to drop some cash for a gold merc package but i fear i may be just too late to get it added down the line... or will we still be able to order that and personable AI down he line?

Welcome back!  Glad you are safely returned from your deployment.  Right now the backerkit page is scheduled to be taken down on May 29th, BUT there are some changes coming in the next two days or so that we'll be announcing soon.  With that change we'll likely keep that page up until either late June or early July.  After that we'll be closing it down, but the window will be extending.

More info there soon.  Thanks again for your support!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline yasawatse

• Let there be nukes.
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 04:33:33 pm »
No problem~ and heres to designing an AI type that PUNISHES EVERY MISTAKE :D

I'm such a masochist hueheuheuhue

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 04:49:43 pm »
I'm not sure it's purely masochism if you're also inflicting that on other people.  ;D

What's the word for people like us?  "Generalized sadist?"  That sounds absolutely awful, heh.  ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 05:23:20 pm »
I'm not sure it's purely masochism if you're also inflicting that on other people.  ;D

What's the word for people like us?  "Generalized sadist?"  That sounds absolutely awful, heh.  ;)

So, would my idea to make cloaked Hunter/Killers (And carriers) fall under that? :P
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 05:28:27 pm »
So, would my idea to make cloaked Hunter/Killers (And carriers) fall under that? :P
Cloaked H/Ks in AIWC would be brutal.

Cloaked H/Ks in AIW2, with the new cloaking mechanic, would be horrifying.

I like it.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline yasawatse

• Let there be nukes.
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2017, 05:15:41 pm »
Look we all know thats not enough. i want cloaked MOTHERSHIPS   :)
"Did the pain set in yet" indeed

Give me the pain i desire :u

On another note for cheese purposes, are you keeping the omega drive? i just had my first game with a massive cheating setup where i slugged it out with quadratic sledge hammer shark A+B AI. all basic ships, no additional spirecraft, golems, just basic ships. it was MAGNIFICENT but it got so bad i had ended up adding 2000 omega drives just to keep up with the AI's exogalactic attacks  :P
can we get an omega drive that jacks up metal gain by....4-5 million... for...... research purposes? I want to see just how much my GPU can handle before it melts. I'm somewhere around 56,000 ships in my fleet(no cap cheat) 18 million threat at the moment lmao. 80 planet map. 10/10 everything except the cookie monster and dark spire.

Also, question about the voice acting, will every unit have lines?

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2017, 05:24:45 pm »
Stuff like "How fast is metal generated" is accessible in easily edited XML. So you can tune things however you would like!

Offline yasawatse

• Let there be nukes.
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 05:31:53 pm »
Stuff like "How fast is metal generated" is accessible in easily edited XML. So you can tune things however you would like!

i wish it was easy in AIWC. I still have no idea how to edit metal generation. if i did, i would have some AMAZING games with the AI hahaha
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:40:56 pm by yasawatse »

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2017, 01:22:26 pm »
Oh, you guys missed a fun idea for another kickstarter/backerkit tier: design a map. You describe how it should play/the feel of the map and someone else implements it. Maybe you've always wanted a galaxy that looked just like the old roman empire, or classical greece?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:29:32 pm by BadgerBadger »

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2017, 09:05:48 pm »
Is there anyway to pay with bitcoin?

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2017, 09:10:51 pm »
Is there anyway to pay with bitcoin?

That (optimal) ship has almost sailed for a little while. I'm ankle deep in the market and I sense the dip.

In a more serious note, I doubt a site like Arcen has the tools to manage such a thing. You would have far more luck getting a debit card linked to a bitcoin wallet. I use coinbase, but I know others exist.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline cpeosphoros

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2018, 12:25:27 pm »
Hi there,

Sorry for necroing this, but... It's not clear from the "preorder" thing, but if I buy it now from BackerKit, would I get playable alpha access?

Thank you.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2018, 02:31:25 pm »
Sorry about the confusion! Yes, you get the alpha right away. I have to manually approve purchases that come in (because... why? I don't know.) but as soon as I hit that button, it sends out keys. I typically do that every morning, EST.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2018, 02:03:36 pm »
I wanted to buy the soundtrack to my AI War 2 pledge but it seems I cannot pay with Paypal. I remember it was aviable when I pledged the game but either I'm doing soemthing wrong or now it is gone.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2018, 04:49:22 pm »
There's a "paypal at past" link around here somewhere that will let you do it. Kickstarter accepts paypal, but backerkit doesn't without extra fees. Actually you can just use the "tip jar" on the main Arcen site under about us, and I'll hook it up to your account on backerkit. If the emails aren't the same, then just let me know.

Sorry I've been rather absent the last couple of days. I've had a lot of trying personal issues, including the death of my remain grandfather on this past Wednesday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk