Author Topic: AI War II Music Theme Teaser  (Read 11672 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AI War II Music Theme Teaser
« on: September 07, 2016, 04:29:05 pm »
Original: http://arcengames.com/ai-war-ii-music-theme-teaser/

Pablo getting prepped for the newly reorchestrated AI War II theme. The kickstarter for this sequel to AI War Classic is launching in the next 1-3 weeks.

• Email arcengames at gmail dot com if you want to be notified when it goes live.

• If you want to participate in discussions about the growing design document for the game, please visit our forums and join in!

Lots of stuff is happening fast, and we'll have more to share with you soon!

Best,
Chris
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: AI War II Music Theme Teaser
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 04:34:38 pm »
Pablo is, of course, awesome.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 04:51:05 pm »
As always!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Castruccio

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 06:01:20 pm »
Take my money.  I'd pay the full price of the game for just that song.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 07:29:28 pm »
A full soundtrack from Pablo is the first stretch goal. :)

Offline Arnos

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 10:49:36 pm »
Great Sound!

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 11:45:09 pm »

Pablo getting prepped for the newly reorchestrated AI War II theme. The kickstarter for this sequel to AI War Classic is launching in the next 1-3 weeks.

Wait a second, this is worrying. Chris, you need to NAIL THIS DOWN. Set the KS date for three weeks from now and start announcing it to the world like an actual product release. Press releases, social media, the works.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 11:48:38 pm »
A full soundtrack from Pablo is the first stretch goal. :)
We gotta get to that then!

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 01:28:07 am »
This song is so thematic. The kind of thing to listen casually to reveal AI War players nearby. ;D
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 11:16:18 am »

Wait a second, this is worrying. Chris, you need to NAIL THIS DOWN. Set the KS date for three weeks from now and start announcing it to the world like an actual product release. Press releases, social media, the works.

I cannot nail that down at this time.  We're making lots of overtures that this is coming soon, and various press outlets have made mention of it and area aware that it is coming soon.  Even if we had a firm date, they wouldn't be announcing that in advance a second time at this point, I don't think.  I want their biggest announcements to be there when people can actually go pledge, anyhow.

We'll know more as we get closer, but right now I don't even have the budget for the kickstarter figured out because the design document isn't complete.  When the design document is complete, we can finalize a budget (we obviously have a rough idea), and so on.  Meanwhile we're working on things like the backer tiers, although some of those, and the stretch goals, also require the design document to be finished.

The trailer for the kickstarter requires a coherent pitch which requires the design document, and also requires at worst some mockup art that shows how things will look in general.  Ideally I can get some actual art in place in the engine that Keith already has running, though.

We do what we can, because we must.  I have very few options in terms of the timing window, and I most certainly don't have wiggle room on "doing it right" in terms of getting people excited about it when they see it, and buying into the idea in general.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 12:47:40 pm »
EDIT:Annnnnd I just realized this is completely the wrong place for that, so let me ask music related questions instead: for the soundtrack are you leaning towards more new music, AI War's greatest hits (remixed) or stuff from other Arcen games? Since it's probably going to be some combination, if you had an unlimited music budget how would you handle it?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 02:24:37 pm by Captain Jack »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 02:37:38 pm »
If I had an unlimited music budget then we'd do his greatest hits from AIW remastered, and then some new stuff.  As it is, right now he's going through his tracks and making a list of ones to remaster, and putting together a timetable for that sort of thing, and we're talking back and forth on budget.  We won't pull music from titles outside the AI War realm.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk